Administrative and Project Coordinator
- Experience Level
Early Edge California
This position is based in the Los Angeles area.
Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021.
Administrative and Project Coordinator
Annual salary: Depends on qualifications
Early Edge California provides a generous benefit package.
Application deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Early Edge California is seeking a talented individual to work closely with the Early Edge team to coordinate and support the organization’s project and advocacy work. This individual will carry out administrative, project management, and logistics activities as described below.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Administrative and Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate and manage the Executive Director’s schedule, travel, and business-related expenses
- Provide support to the Director of Operations, including:
- Creating and monitoring project timelines and following up with team members and vendors to ensure projects stay on track
- Coordinating, organizing, and overseeing logistics for Early Edge’s meetings, convenings, and legislative events
- Processing vendor agreements and contracts
- Data entry
- Identifying areas for improvement and opportunity; coordinating process improvements
- Provide additional administrative support to the Communications and Policy teams as needed
- Manage and compose internal and external correspondence with consultants, vendors, partners, and others
- Attend internal and external meetings and take notes
- Organize and maintain Early Edge’s online filing system in Dropbox and Google Drive and ensure that documents are properly categorized for easy retrieval
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 3-5 years of experience in a project coordinator or administrative role
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively handle a variety of time-sensitive tasks and competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Above average communication skills: reading, writing, listening, and presenting information
- Close attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Shows initiative and is highly organized and efficient
- Ability to anticipate project needs as situations and projects develop
- Works well and displays flexibly as a team member
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google calendar, Google docs, Canva or Photoshop, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Early Edge California
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Familiarity with Early Childhood Education issues and/or the California legislative cycle
About Early Edge California
Early Edge California is a statewide policy and advocacy organization that works collaboratively to promote policy reforms and investments in California’s Early Learning system that will expand access and support for high-quality teaching and caregiving for all children from birth to age 8. Our goal is to advance quality early education so children can be happy, healthy, engaged learners by their first day of school and every day after. We collaborate with thought leaders to advocate for high-quality teaching for our youngest children, especially those most in need.
Since 2003, we’ve successfully advocated for groundbreaking early childhood policies, from creating transitional kindergarten to securing the funding necessary to improve Early Learning programs throughout the state. Early Edge’s priority is to ensure that the early childhood workforce has the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality, developmentally appropriate care and instruction to our state’s youngest residents. Our focus is on improving the preparation, support, and compensation for the workforce and building its capacity to support children’s dual-language development.
Early Edge California is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Early Edge offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits (full health, vision, dental, life insurance, matching 401K), and generous time off policies.
This position is based in the Los Angeles area. Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/2865946/administrative-and-project-coordinator
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Early Edge California website: www.earlyedgecalifornia.org
New Venture Fund website: www.newventurefund.org
Early Edge California is an equal opportunity employer.