3 days left
- Experience Level
Early Edge California
This position is based in the Los Angeles area.
Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021.
Annual salary: Depends on qualifications
Early Edge California provides a generous benefit package.
Application deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Early Edge California (EECA) is seeking a talented individual to join our communications team to assist with shaping and executing EECA’s communications activities in support of our policy and advocacy agenda. This is a great opportunity for a communications professional with an expertise in digital communications and a deep commitment to early care and education issues who is interested in taking on the challenge of improving the Early Learning system in California. The Communications Associate will support with executing communications plans, content creation and messaging, shaping and managing the organization’s social media presence, maintaining and expanding content for the organization’s website, supporting event execution, and completing administrative tasks as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Communications Director, the Communications Associate will:
- Support the creation of organizational materials such as: press releases, statements, advisories, op-ed pieces, blog posts, memos, briefings, fact sheets, infographics, and other materials that support communications efforts
- Coordinate the publication of organization’s newsletter
- Oversee the organization’s social media presence:
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, create and implement a broad social media engagement strategy in support of EECA’s mission
- Manage day-to-day distribution of timely information through social media outlets
- Work with staff to maintain the communications calendar of priority events, upcoming programs, and milestones
- Manage organization’s website to ensure high-quality content and optimal navigation:
- Coordinate the creation and publication of all web content to ensure accuracy
- Implement new solutions for enhanced user experience
- Identify, evaluate, and solve website problems
- Test web pages for functionality and update links as needed
- Convert policy materials into user-friendly content for distribution across all communications channels, including web, newsletter, social media, etc., including the design of printed materials such as brochures and flyers as well as graphics and other items as needed
- Participate in the development of video stories that support EECA’s priority areas
- Work on other projects or assignments as needed
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a communications or media related field
- Excellent communication and writing skills as well as an ability to write and edit proficiently and quickly
- Professional experience overseeing social media accounts
- Ability to use technical communications tools, such as content management systems, Mailchimp, analytics tools, Photoshop or Canva, and HTML
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively handle a variety of time-sensitive tasks and competing priorities with minimal supervision
- High level of strategic thinking, personal initiative, and innovation
- Ability to evaluate and solve communications needs quickly
- Shows initiative and is highly organized and efficient, with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate project needs as situations and projects develop
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Early Edge California which focuses on high-quality Early Learning programs, Early Learning workforce development, and Dual Language Learners
- Previous experience working with an advocacy/policy-focused nonprofit organization
About Early Edge California
Early Edge California is a statewide policy and advocacy organization that works collaboratively to promote policy reforms and investments in California’s Early Learning system that will expand access and support for high-quality teaching and caregiving for all children from birth to age 8. Our goal is to advance quality early education so children can be happy, healthy, engaged learners by their first day of school and every day after. We collaborate with thought leaders to advocate for high-quality teaching for our youngest children, especially those most in need.
Since 2003, we’ve successfully advocated for groundbreaking early childhood policies, from creating transitional kindergarten to securing the funding necessary to improve Early Learning programs throughout the state. Early Edge’s priority is to ensure that the early childhood workforce has the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality, developmentally appropriate care and instruction to our state’s youngest residents. Our focus is on improving the preparation, support, and compensation for the workforce and building its capacity to support children’s dual-language development.
Early Edge California is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Early Edge offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits (full health, vision, dental, life insurance, matching 401K), and generous time off policies.
This position is based in the Los Angeles area. Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/2870584/communications-associate
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Early Edge California website: www.earlyedgecalifornia.org
New Venture Fund website: www.newventurefund.org
Early Edge California is an equal opportunity employer.