Senior Policy Analyst
4 days left
- Experience Level
Early Edge California
This position can be based in Los Angeles, the Bay Area, or Sacramento.
Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021.
Senior Policy Analyst
Annual salary: Depends on qualifications
Early Edge California provides a generous benefit package.
Application deadline: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Early Edge California (EECA) is seeking a dynamic, passionate individual to join our policy team to assist with shaping and executing EECA’s policy and advocacy agenda. This is a great opportunity for someone with a deep commitment to early care and education issues who is a research-driven collaborator interested in advocating for the improvement of the Early Learning system in California.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Advise on and create strategies to impact early education policy and advocate for high-quality programs across California’s mixed-delivery Early Learning system
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and policy team to develop and implement Early Edge’s local and state advocacy agenda and campaigns
- Manage organization-wide projects including conducting research, developing materials, and planning and managing convenings
- Research and stay up to date on early childhood policies and legislation
- Generate and provide feedback on written policy recommendations, memos, partner communications, and other policy-related materials
- Represent Early Edge to the early education community, including stakeholders, policymakers, representatives from community-based organizations, and institutions
- Advise on, create, and implement network-building strategies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with state and local policymakers
- Collaborate with the Early Edge staff to build and activate new networks and convene stakeholders to develop and drive Early Edge’s advocacy campaigns
- Partner closely with the Communications Director and partner organizations to build messaging campaigns on critical issue areas
- Engage with and lead local and statewide network members to develop and implement shared campaigns and messaging
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Expertise in early childhood policy in California
- Strong background (5+ years) in the legislative process, state budgets, policy analysis and development
- Must be comfortable and proficient in speaking/presenting to large audiences
- Strong persuasive and technical writing skills with the ability to concisely distill and present complex information
- Must be comfortable networking and building relationships with policymakers, funders, and other Early Learning stakeholders
- Program development and evaluation experience
- Project management skills including proven ability to work on multiple projects, manage deadlines, and prioritize based on organizational strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Birth to 3 Early Learning workforce and Dual Language Learner issues
- Understanding of state, federal, and local policymaking and the role of advocacy in advancing a policy agenda
- Experience working with high-level state policymakers in a variety of settings and responding effectively to their information and technical needs
- Master’s Degree
About Early Edge California
Early Edge California is a statewide policy and advocacy organization that works collaboratively to promote policy reforms and investments in California’s Early Learning system that will expand access and support for high-quality teaching and caregiving for all children from birth to age 8. Our goal is to advance quality early education so children can be happy, healthy, engaged learners by their first day of school and every day after. We collaborate with thought leaders to advocate for high-quality teaching for our youngest children, especially those most in need.
Since 2003, we’ve successfully advocated for groundbreaking early childhood policies, from creating transitional kindergarten to securing the funding necessary to improve Early Learning programs throughout the state. Early Edge’s priority is to ensure that the early childhood workforce has the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality, developmentally appropriate care and instruction to our state’s youngest residents. Our focus is on improving the preparation, support, and compensation for the workforce and building its capacity to support children’s dual-language development.
Early Edge California is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Early Edge offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits (full health, vision, dental, life insurance, matching 401K), and generous time off policies.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, the Bay Area, or Sacramento. Currently 100% remote with the possibility of a hybrid remote/office schedule in 2021. Local, state-wide, and occasionally nation-wide travel will be required when public health permits.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/2870556/senior-policy-analyst-early-education-workforce
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
Early Edge California website: www.earlyedgecalifornia.org
New Venture Fund website: www.newventurefund.org
Early Edge California is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Education Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Education Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Development / Fundraising Education Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Executive / Senior Management Education Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Public Policy / Administration Education Full Time jobs in Los Angeles