Volunteer Social Media Specialist
4 days left
- Experience Level
The Trey Clegg Singers, Inc. (TCS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to use music as a healing force. We are a multicultural chorus consisting of members from teens to 80+. Prior to COVID-19 we performed live concerts at various venues throughout the Metro-Atlanta area as well as the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC, and the Highland’s - Cashiers Chamber Music Festival in Highlands, NC. This year we were scheduled to sing in New York City’s famed Carnegie Hall, a concert that was postponed due to COVID-19. Currently, we are preparing virtual concerts for our audience base and beyond.
TCS is looking for a creative part-time Social Media Specialist to develop, organize, maintain, and boost the organization’s online social media presence across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other appropriate social media platforms. This could be arranged as a volunteer position for someone who has a good working knowledge of social media and who wants to gain some hands-on experience, or as an unpaid internship in coordination with the applicant’s school. We require a minimum of 20 hours per month, with a flexible schedule and all work can be done remotely.
Essential duties include:
- Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms.
- Report to and collaborate with TCS staff/Board and webmaster to ensure a cohesive social media identity.
- Propose a creative strategy in collaboration with TCS’s marketing goals.
- Create and maintain relevant social media accounts.
- Set-up daily tasks and activity for all social media outlets.
- Keep track of social media trends and competition
- Deliver monthly statistics and results for each social media account.
- Gain knowledge of the organization’s goals and mission.
- Degree in and/or proven knowledge and experience with various social media platforms.
- The ability to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organization.
- Excellent written communication with an emphasis on proofreading and grammar excellence.
- The ability to deliver services on time.
- Passion for music and social justice.