Director of Stewardship & Development
1 day left
- Degree Level
The Director of Stewardship & Development is the chief fundraising staff member for The First United Methodist Church of LaGrange. The Director is responsible for implementing all fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to, regular giving, debt reduction, capital campaigns, major gifts, and planned giving. This position manages and oversees the receipt of all funds to the church, analyzes and reports data, and participates in the design and execution of special events. The Director maintains an active donor recognition and stewardship program to ensure accountability and to extend relationships with funders. This position facilitates identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects. The Director will also develop annual stewardship programs that encourage gifts of time, talent, and treasure. In collaboration with the Executive Minister, the Director will ensure all funds are expended in the manner in which the donor intended and the Finance Committee has directed.
All staff members of The First United Methodist Church of LaGrange are expected to live a life that is an example of Christian character for the greater glory of God and the greater good of His people. The purpose of this position is to support the mission of the church “to make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” This requires excellent interpersonal skills as you represent the congregation to the greater community and a spirit of cooperative teamwork as you interact with a diverse team of staff and volunteers. Staff members are expected to have personal integrity and the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with fellow staff, church members, guests, vendors, and the general public.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications skills
- Completes work on time and as scheduled; is self-motivated
- Demonstrates organizational and management skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Is proficient in use or able to acquire skills in MS Office suite and Realm
- Maintains confidentiality about who visits the staff and for what reasons and information gathered from church records, including giving history
- Maintains and portrays a positive attitude and appearance
- Required to work on Sundays during worship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Marketing. Nonprofit Management or related and 3-5 years of demonstrated development and financial stewardship experience.
- Must have record of success in fundraising including the demonstrated ability to solicit and close major gifts from individuals.
Please submit resume with cover letter detailing interest in position and how qualifications match requirements. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER