Therapeutic Case Manager
- Experience Level
Therapeutic Foster Care Case Manager
Goshen Homes is seeking a full time Therapeutic Case Manager to supervise and support foster child placements and foster homes in the Cherokee County, Georgia area. The Goshen Valley Foundation is made up of the Goshen Valley Boys Ranch (Residential Group Homes for Boys), Goshen New Beginnings (Independent and Supported Living program for youth age 18 plus) Goshen Homes (Foster Care) and Goshen Therapeutic Services (social services) and is a faith-based organization dedicated to change through service to others. Goshen Homes specializes in the placement of sibling groups and preservation of the sibling bond.
- Master’s Degree in the Social Services field is preferred or a Bachelors Degree in a related field with one-two years of experience working with children and families.
- Preference given to individuals who have successfully completed State of Georgia Foundations training, is an IMPACT certified trainer and possess a valid license in counseling or social work.
- Oversee placement for foster children in the Goshen Homes Foster Homes.
- Participation in the admissions process and placement of the child in the foster home, complete assessments, develop an individualized services plan (ISP) and assist with its implementation that includes the child’s medical, dental, educational and therapeutic services.
- Assist the child’s guardian and birth family in establishing a visitation plan by planning, coordinating transportation, supervision and providing coaching to the birth family to assist with healthy interactions.
- Be the point of contact for the foster parent, DFCS, Court Systems, Guardian ad litem, Court Appointed Special Advocates, school systems, medical/dental providers,therapists/Community Support Individuals and other professionals involved in working with the child.
- Be a resource, support and coach for the birth parent to assist in facilitation of reunification.
- Utilize clinical skills to teach healthy coping mechanisms and manage behaviors for the children as the children work through the trauma resulting in the need for foster care, separation from the birth family and entrance into a foster home
- Providing support and supervision to the foster parents as they develop a relationship with the child and the birth family.
- Document into the State of Georgia Data systems (GA SCORE and GA SHINES) as well as the agency’s electronic files while maintaining all information and documentation on the foster child and the foster parents.
- Conducting home visits to insure the child’s needs are met in the foster home and the placement is stable while supporting the foster parent. Early evening hours are common for home visits.
- Participate in an on-call system to manage after hours crisis.
- Participate and assist with ongoing training to enhance the foster parents’ knowledge.
- Ability to understand, communicate and implement TBRI principles within the foster homes.
- Preferably reside in Cherokee County Georgia or a maximum of 60 miles of Cherokee County.
- Must be able to complete some out of town trainings that can require overnight travel for up to a week. Travel is reimbursed by Goshen Homes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
Currently contacts are completed virtually. Work hours are remote until end of October.