Wonder Strategist & Account Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Announcement: Wonder Strategist & Account Manager
Wonder: Strategies for Good is looking for a full-time communications strategist and account manager to join our virtual team.
About Wonder: Strategies for Good
At Wonder: Strategies for Good, we use our superpowers to accelerate progressive, social change. Wonder is a virtual strategic communications firm specializing in branding, messaging and audience research. The Wonder Universe is made up of experts in messaging, storytelling, psychology and public-opinion research — a mix of full-time staff, independent strategists and collaborating firms. We use audience insights to develop Heartwired storytelling and messaging strategies that shape attitudes and influence the behavior of our clients’ target audiences. Wonder strategists have partnered with change-makers to make progress on some of the most pressing issues of the day — from advancing the freedom to marry for same-sex couples to making medical aid-in-dying a legal option for terminally ill people. Visit www.wonderforgood.com to learn more.
About the Position
Wonder: Strategies for Good seeks a dynamic, experienced communications strategist and account manager to join our team. We lead audience research and develop strategies to make progress on the pressing issues of the day — from racial justice to climate change. The communications strategist and account manager will work closely with a team of seasoned, senior strategists. This role requires skills and experience in managing and executing communication strategies to accelerate progressive social change — and the ability to internalize a communication strategy and execute the strategy.
Your Superpowers & Experience
- You have at least five to seven years of experience doing project management and developing content and messaging for progressive social causes.
- You are organized and detail-oriented, In fact, you think you have a thing or two to teach Marie Kondo. You also love helping others to be organized.
- You are able to break larger projects into smaller tasks and proactively communicate with other team members to ensure work is moving forward.
- You have a way for words and love finding ways to communicate to motivate people to take action.
- You are a geek for: communications strategy, the psychology of human nature and social change. You are curious by nature.
- You are flexible and love working with teams; you also have the confidence and discipline to be self-directed, to take initiative, and to meet deadlines while working from home.
- You are passionate about your professional development and open to feedback.
- You have experience working on multi-racial teams and have a strong commitment to and lived experience with racial justice, equity and inclusion.
No day will be exactly the same for the Wonder strategist and account manager. Here’s how that person is likely to spend their time.
Project Management (50%)
- Managing/coordinating with graphic designers
- Event coordination and logistics planning, including webinar planning
- Developing and managing timelines/work plans for client projects and coordinating with team members on their assignments
- Planning agendas and tracking action items in internal team meetings
Strategic Communications & Audience Research (25%)
- Writing and developing content — from social media posts to helping to edit video content
- Leading research interviews to inform content development
- Assist project teams with strategy development
Client Relations (25%)
- Creating client strategy deliverables, including slide decks, client memos or other content with a focus on channeling the appropriate brand voice/tone
- Communicating status updates with clients and preparing agendas for client meetings
Salary + Benefits
The communications strategist and account manager position is a full-time position working remotely. The position includes a generous benefit package including health benefits, dental and vision coverage, a 401K retirement plan, five weeks of paid vacation, and 10 paid holidays. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
To apply, please email Corinne Hoag at email@example.com. In the subject line, include: Wonder Strategist & Account Manager. Please include a copy of your résumé, a cover letter describing the superpowers you would bring to the position, one writing sample for which you were the primary writer, and a timeline or work plan you developed. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.