- Experience Level
BlazeSports America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is the legacy organization of the 1996 Paralympic Games held in Atlanta, GA. Our Mission is to change the lives of children and adults with physical disabilities through adaptive sport and recreation.
BlazeSports America, is the two-time recipient of the United States Olympic Committee’s “Rings of Gold” award for program development (youth and veteran adaptive sports). BlazeSports offers adaptive sport and recreation programs in Georgia, national training and education opportunities to build the capacity of adaptive sport and physical activity leaders and innovative sport for development resources for developing countries. We are a member of the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee’s Multi-Sport Organizational Council, the US member to Cerebral Palsy International Sport and Recreation Association, and active chapter of Move United Sport. Learn more about BlazeSports at www.blazesports.org.
MARKETING MANAGER GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Marketing and communication manager for all BlazeSports departments and programs. Focus areas include Email Marketing, Web, Social Media, Fundraising, Communication, Event Marketing, Content, PR.
• Work with ED and program team to develop strategic plans to increase engagement.
• Leverage new technology to further engage constituents with channels they are accustomed to using such as mobile website, text, social media, and new emerging platforms.
• Develop guidelines for marketing templates, timing, messaging, distribution, quantity and tracking of all group communication.
• Lead targeted and segmented communication messaging and strategies.
• Develop marketing plans to promote signature events, key initiatives and volunteer recruitment including the establishment of goals as it relates each of these areas.
• Plan for collection/timing/distribution of content for individual emails, website updates, newsletters, social media, etc.
• Coordinate production and printing of collateral pieces.
• Working with the training and education team, develop strategies for increased promotion of our T&E programs or products.
• Work with ED and fundraising team to develop and coordinate marketing plans for all fundraising efforts including Annual Giving Day and Giving Tuesday.
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project. Proactively communicate and update progress across departments.
• Utilize data gathered to determine more effective ways of communication; driving an increase in donors and dollars.
• Project management of new initiatives as they emerge.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communication
• A minimum of 4-5 years of marketing / communication related experience with an emphasis on content management and/or digital marketing.
• Superior writing skills
• Strong creativity
• Effective project management and organizational skills
BlazeSports America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.