- Experience Level
Title: Development Lead
About WellKind & WellKind Guatemala
WellKind believes that the “future is well”. Wellkind provides leadership training and ecological and economic resources from a perspective that recognizes local leadership, systems thinking, and our inherent connection to nature. We look at the whole system, intentionally designing programs that work towards community resilience - helping communities build the capacity to meet their own needs. By fostering leadership within the unique context of each community, we seek to restore the web of relationships - to self, each other and the planet - that form the roots of a thriving planet.
Wellkind Guatemala is a grassroots initiative that supports the indigenous community of Tzununa, emphasizing self-sufficiency, economic empowerment, individual and community health, and environmental sustainability. Tzununa is located on the northern shore of Lake Atitlán.
In northern California we are supporting the design and implementation of permaculture-informed primary school and community gardens to be leveraged as learning labs and bridges to the community, connecting students and the local community to the Earth, health, food security and increasing awareness of organic food production.
Through our resilient forestry program we seek to apply bold and innovative techniques to restore and protect trees and forests and animal species.
Candidate Background Desired:
We are seeking a self starter with a minimum of six years of non-profit experience successfully raising funds from foundations, corporations, individual donors, via social media, and via events. Excellent writing skills is a must along with significant grant proposal writing and reporting experience.
`• Opportunity Cultivator | Identify and strategize best approaches to reach new funder audiences, including foundation, government, and corporate partners.
Prospect Manager | Identification of aligned potential donors, tracking.managing opportunities to the point of being invited to submit a proposal and leading completion of proposals
• Content Manager and Writer | Ensure that written materials are high quality & assist in crafting new, engaging content that communicates impact and inspires and aligns staff and funders
- SocialMedia-Experience working with social media funding platforms and
- Events-Experience with planning and hosting events for the purpose of generating relationships with potential and existing supporters.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Team player along with ability to work independently.
• Persuasive, compelling communication skills, especially in written form
• Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Experience successfully applying for and receiving significant ($25,000 and up) private foundation grants, corporate grants and/or funds from individual donors
Experience tracking of donor related information in fundraising software.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a 1. cover letter (with requested salary and, reference skills and accomplishments that relate to the position offered), 2. writing sample, and 3. resume.
WellKind is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants who will increase the diversity of WellKind are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish is welcome but not required.
- Sitting and working on a computer and phone for long hours and attendance at virtual meetings via zoom.
- Job duties may require significant driving to different sites in Northern California to meet with foundations, corporations, donors, lead events and attend staff meetings.
Reports to:Executive Director
Location: Remote - Home Office - (Northern California Preferred) - Year One
Send a resume, cover letter detailing experience, and requested salary to email@example.com