Sr. Specialist, Project Manager
- Experience Level
Based in Atlanta, GA the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals, and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,500 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative and regulatory advocacy, practice management support and grant funding through its Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Scientific Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. To find out more about us please visit www.rheumatology.org
TITLE: Sr. Specialist, Project Manager
LEVEL: Sr. Specialist
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Collaborative Initiatives
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Specialist is responsible for the planning, oversight, budgeting and reporting for all aspects of assigned projects including projects focused on working with Rheumatology Fellows-in-Training, Rheumatologists, Patient advocates and internal stakeholders. The Senior Specialist is responsible for building connections with rural providers, overseeing partnerships with medical schools and fellowship programs as well as leading committees in the development and evaluation of lupus related self-management materials for the grant titled, Developing and Disseminating Programs to Build Sustainable Lupus Awareness, Knowledge, Skills, and Partnerships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Some travel is required
- Any other duties as the Director, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives or the ACR Executive Vice President may assign.
Please note, positions at the Senior Specialist level provide professional expertise and support for a function or program of the organization, e.g. communications, finance, marketing, project management, etc., and contributes to the organization through the application of their expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of five years of related professional experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Work experience in a non-profit setting preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines, exceptionally strong project management abilities
- Superior writing, proofreading and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of issues impacting rheumatology including workforce shortage, health disparities and treatment access
- Strategic thinking, sound judgment, ability to develop insight into the ACR and collaborating organizations
- Ability to interpret and apply contract clauses, regulations and policies
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience in working with volunteer led committees or boards, professional societies or in an association environment a plus
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.
More searches like this
- Education / Teaching Medical Research Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Health / Medical Medical Research Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Program / Project Management Medical Research Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Public Policy / Administration Medical Research Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Technology / Data Management Medical Research Full Time jobs in Working from home