- Experience Level
Based in Atlanta, GA, the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals, and scientists who work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,500 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services including educational programming, legislative and regulatory advocacy, practice management support and grant funding through the Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Scientific Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. To find out more about us, please visit www.rheumatology.org
TITLE: Product Manager
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Enterprise Solutions
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is the business owner of the College’s educational digital ecosystem. Through a holistic business model, the position is responsible for oversight of the technology portfolio that serves as the basis for delivering all educational products and services. The position;
- Researches, selects and ensures that the ACR educational platforms comprehensively provide a cohesive, modern and effective experience for ACR learners.
- Owns new product (e.g. products, platforms, functionality) rollouts across the organization, from testing on through internal and external communication.
- Serves as business analyst and quality assurance for internal projects related to ACR’s digital platforms as a team is built out.
- Works collaboratively with our IT department to ensure products, systems, platforms etc. work in sync to support initiatives across the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- “Product owner” with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high sense of accountability to develop industry-leading products that ensure the ACR continues to be the leading global search of medical education for all rheumatology professionals.
- Interfaces with business owners and members to identify challenges and opportunities for improvement in existing processes and solutions.
- Research, understand, and document external and organizational requirements for our learners.
- Translate ideas and requirements into user stories that will guide our external vendors and IT team in not only what to build, but also provide context as to who will be using the various features and why.
- Create artifacts such as process maps and wireframes to communicate interface and workflow needs to our team and clients.
- Facilitate meetings, focus groups, and informal discussions with the Education team and learners to help us find balance between learner wants, needs, technical level of effort, and timelines.
- Lead the selection and management of third-party platform providers.
- Work closely with external vendors, IT, User Experience and Project Management to help create and manage release and iteration plans.
- Assist in the planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including communicating outcomes and integrating feedback into the agile sprint process. Serve as the first level of acceptance of products and features designed and developed by external vendors and IT.
- Work closely with the Project Management team on coordinating and executing on project plans.
- Function as the conduit between Customer Support and technology vendors/IT.
- Work with Education, Member Services and Marketing to develop product positioning in the market and communication to learners who use ACR digital platforms.
- Assist the Member Services team by providing product briefings and technical expertise in the selling process.
- Create system documentation for both internal and external use of the education digital platforms, e.g., FAQs, user tours, user guides.
- Create training for the Customer Support and Member Services teams on how to provide first level tech support / troubleshooting.
- Conduct periodic competitive analysis.
- BS degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Project Management, Computer Science, Interaction Design or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of product management experience with a verifiable track record of success
- 5 years (preferred) of educational technology experience working with digital educational platforms serving the non-profit, corporate or higher education markets.
- Fluency with the following software tools:
- Wireframing tools (e.g., Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- JIRA/Confluence or similar equivalent platforms
- Learning management systems
- Agile knowledge and experience
- A positive attitude coupled with a strong ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work with high standards and attention to detail; outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in technical problem identification, analysis and resolution skills, and project management.
- Ability to think holistically about various business objectives and systems.
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interdepartmental collaboration, member interaction, requirements analysis, and presentations
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.