Director of Ministries
- Experience Level
Position Title: Director of Ministries (Executive Staff) Full-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Program Staff
Compensation: $64-70 K annually
Full Medical, Dental, Vision; 15 vacation days; 3 sick days
The Director of Ministries position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the support, planning, administration, and reporting of Bayshore Christian Ministries programming. In addition, this position serves as a member of the Executive Staff (see below for further information).
Please see www.bayshore.org for more information on Bayshore Christian Ministries.
- Pray regularly for the ministry
- Provide pastoral support to staff and BCM community (students and their families) as needed
- Refer staff and ministry team members to other counselors, groups, or organizations when appropriate.
Program Management Responsibilities
- Supervise, train, and support all program staff as they plan and implement their respective programs
- Coordinate and compile quarterly and end-of-year program evaluations for all programs; develop program evaluation tools and processes as needed
- Prepare and provide oversight of program budgets
- Provide cross program coordination, i.e. quarterly logistics meetings
Executive Staff Responsibilities
- Participate in all Executive Staff meetings as well as Board meetings
- Participate in organizational decision-making including policies, procedures, strategic planning, etc.
- Represent BCM at presentations and meetings
- Participate in fundraising for the ministry (i.e. major donor appointments, thank you calls, grant reporting)
- Actively network with other relevant organizations and churches in the community
- Always be prepared to explain BCM programs to prospective partners and potential volunteers
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a church or Christian ministry setting (youth pastor, campus ministry director, church elder)
- Minimum 5 years management experience (i.e. overseeing direct reports)
- Experience working with urban/at-risk youth
- Desire to see youth come to Christ
- Deep commitment to the mission of the organization and agreement with the Statement of Faith
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and email
- College degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Experience developing junior staff members
- Familiarity and connections within East Palo Alto and Belle Haven
In order to reflect the community we serve, Latino, Pacific Islander and African-American candidates are encouraged to apply
There will be a 30-day probationary period and a 90-day review.
Email resume with cover letter to Andrew Hartwell, Interim Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
This job will remain open until filled, but a priority will be given to candidates who apply by September 18, 2020.