Director of Development & Communications
- Experience Level
For 49 years, Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP), has offered free legal services to Georgians with low incomes who reside outside metro Atlanta in 154 of the state’s 159 counties. We believe everyone has a right to high quality legal services regardless of location. Our nonprofit law firm exists to ensure qualifying Georgians have access to quality legal services from trusted advocates and partners. Our 10 regional offices provide free legal services in the areas of family law, housing, access to public benefits, eviction prevention, farmworkers rights, and access to education.
GLSP is currently looking for a Director of Development & Communications. The Director of Development & Communications will work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and GLSP Leadership and Staff to develop and implement a fundraising strategy that supports the advancement of GLSP’s mission and ensures its sustainability. This role will be an integral part of GLSP’s leadership with the responsibility of guiding the organization into its 50th anniversary in 2021 and beyond.
- Develop and oversee our annual development and fundraising strategic plan
- Oversee solicitation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors, including securing, preparing for, and proactively following up on foundation and corporate cultivation meetings, proposals, and reports
- Develop and maintain relationships with the GLSP Board of Directors, including development of plan to further engage the GLSP Board of Directors in GLSP’s fundraising efforts
- Maintain GLSP’s communications and marketing strategy, including cultivation of current and new relationships with donors and funding partners
- Work to develop and execute a communications strategy that builds the GLSP brand and supports fundraising efforts, largely through social media, website, and partnerships
- Manage GLSP’s government grants and contracts, including application renewals and compliance obligations
- Ensure timely and accurate grant success reporting to funders through centralized grants management process
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events
- Manage the Fund Development Assistant and Grants Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field preferred
- 8+ years’ fundraising experience preferred
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
- Track record of successfully planning and executing development strategies that secure support from individual donors, corporations and foundations
- Demonstrated experience with a social media strategy
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications. GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits. A resume, cover letter, and writing sample should be submitted to email@example.com.
GLSP invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice. GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. GLSP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply.