- Experience Level
Title: Operations Manager
Education/Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or extensive work experience
Salary: $45-50K with benefits
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full-Time Position/Exempt
The Georgia Asylum & Immigration Network (GAIN) is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal representation in immigration matters to persecuted asylum-seekers and immigrant victims of human trafficking, domestic violence and sexual assault. For 15 years, GAIN has been a leader in immigration legal services in the non-profit sector.
GAIN is looking to add their first Operations Manager to join their innovative, client-centered, action-oriented team. The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring business operations related to finance, human resources, office facilities and technology continue to operate in a timely, organized and accurate manner in accordance with organization policies, procedures and legal obligations.
- Performs accounting support, analytical and administrative tasks.
- Performs accounting support and bookkeeping tasks related to the tracking of revenues and expenses related to the federal grant requirements.
- Process payroll in online payroll application and maintain employee database.
- Manages accounts receivable to ensure that payments are applied to outstanding invoices.
- Ensures systems and billing technology are up to date to assist federal grant reporting.
- Reconciles and coordinates the collection of receipts, invoices and statements from vendors and perform data entry of transactions. Ensure vendors are paid timely.
- Process and deposit incoming checks. Data entry of transactions.
- Coordinate, prepare and provide pertinent information for external accountant and auditors.
- Provide assistance with financial reports and supporting documents for all grants, funding and contracts.
- Prepare documentation needed for reimbursements for government funding and all funding.
- Organize and maintain electronic grant documents in a shared file for federal funding and all funding.
- Assist with the preparation of data for grant applications and reports.
- Prepare grant reimbursements, if any, to vendors or subcontractors.
- Assist in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Maintain employee human resources files ensuring all paperwork is filled out and filed appropriately.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding of new employees.
- Performs Human Resources customer service by answering employee requests and questions.
- Manage all employee benefits including vacation, health insurance, short term disability and retirement.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits and other Human Resources programs and recommends actions or changes.
- Oversight and implementation of staff training and retreat and input on Board retreat.
- Oversight of periodic tax filings for contractors and employees.
Office and Operations Management:
- Order and procure supplies, equipment, and furniture and related maintenance.
- Serve as liaison to landlord, bank, liability insurance agent and others to help with the flow of operations.
- Coordinate IT services with outside IT consultants.
- Provide logistical support for Board and staff meetings.
- Ensure proper filing of corporate documents with relevant state and federal agencies.
- Ensure filing of all insurance documents
- Oversee risk mitigation and prevention organization-wide, including procurement of annual insurance policies.
- Oversee office needs including furniture, computers, telephones, office supplies, lease administration and others.
- Maintain website and website administration (experience with WordPress preferred).
- Assist program staff with volunteer coordination and tracking of volunteer hours
- Perform Data entry for reporting purposes (as needed).
- Conduct reporting quarterly for various federal funding pertaining to client data.
The Operations Manager must be committed to GAIN’s mission and have a passion for assisting immigrant clients.
Specific skills and requirements include:
- A Bachelor's degree or extended work experience.
- At least two years office experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Above-average proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Ability (and desire) to quickly learn several software programs and online applications
- Proficiency in basic technology set up, solutions and problem solving.
- Knowledge of financial systems – QuickBooks familiarity preferred.
- Knowledge of various systems preferred (Salesforce, SurePayroll, WordPress, Bill.com, GoToMeetings, Zoom, Google Suite, Powerpoint)
- A proven ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- A demonstrated attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multitask, be organized and establish priorities.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
GAIN is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bi-cultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.