Chief Executive Officer
- Experience Level
Prevent Child Abuse Athens, Inc. d/b/a BrightPaths
Job Title: Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
Reports To: President, Board of Directors
Supervises: Program Manager, Chief Financial Officer
Job Description Updated: September 2020
Founded in 1986, Prevent Child Abuse Athens, Inc. d/b/a BrightPaths (BrightPaths) is a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to preventing child abuse in all of its forms through education, support and public awareness. BrightPaths serves families in Clarke, Jackson, Madison, Oconee and Oglethorpe counties.
Along with the Board of Directors, The Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads the mission and vision of BrightPaths. The CEO implements the strategic plan and ensures that BrightPaths is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources necessary to meet current and projected growth.
The CEO is responsible for overseeing the administration, activities, programs and strategic plan of the organization as well as other key responsibilities including fundraising, marketing, developing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Along with the Board, leads the mission and vision of the organization in planning and implementing high quality activities and programs that promote great childhoods for all children;
- Implements strategic plan based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials;
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer to manage the budget, and ensures that BrightPaths is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth;
- Ensures that BrightPaths is compliant with all applicable state,federal, and local laws, regulations and standard accounting procedures;
- Maintains a high-performing leadership team and plays an active role in attracting, retaining and developing high-performing staff and volunteers;
- Assists with planning and implementing BrightPaths fundraising activities, engages in fundraising strategies and activities with partner agencies and develops strategies to identify and acquire in-kind resources and services needed to meet the needs of the agency;
- Participates in identifying and cultivating corporate, individual and foundation sponsors;
- Cultivates excellent relationships with local media and provides oversight for BrightPaths’ brand and presence on social media;
- Presents BrightPaths’ vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant business events, community meetings, conferences and gatherings;
- Manages all social media accounts, including creating and curating content relevant to Brightpaths’ programming and events;
- Plans and implements public awareness events designed to promote BrightPaths’ mission;
- Works with the Board to ensure that Board committees and efforts are well-organized and funded;
- Establishes employment and operational policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of BrightPaths;
- Reviews and approves contracts for services;
- Informs the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding and program success and priorities; and
- Ensures that BrightPaths is at the forefront of community service philanthropic organizations.
Key Credentials and Personal Qualities
- Master's Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Social Service or its equivalent
- 5-10 years successful senior leadership experience at a social impact organization
- Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting. Quickbooks knowledge preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Commitment to results and a “can-do" mindset with emphasis on accountability
- Ability to form effective relationships with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Active fundraising experience, excellent donor relations skills and an understanding of the funding community
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a background record check
- Work may involve lifting of a maximum of 25lbs
- Work will involve extended periods of sitting at a desk
- Work will involve using a keyboard and a computer/monitor
- Work may occur on weekends or evenings
- Work may involve travel during the traditional workday and/or evening and weekends
- PCAA is a smoke and drug free workplace
Salary will depend on experience. The salary range is $40,000-55,000. Brightpaths also offers a work environment that values work/life balance and a benefits package that includes a 75% employer-contribution to employee health insurance premiums, generous paid time off, and holiday pay. Additionally, the CEO is eligible for an annual performance bonus if Brightpaths’ annual goals are exceeded.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Brightpaths provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.