Communications and Programs Intern
- Experience Level
The Garrison Institute, a non-profit, non-sectarian organization located in the Hudson River Valley is currently seeking a part-time intern to support our Communications and Program areas. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience if enrolled in college, are a recent graduate or looking to transition into the not-for-profit sector.
As an intern at the Garrison Institute you will be part of fulfilling our mission to apply the wisdom that arises from contemplation and insights derived from science to today’s pressing social and environmental issues to create a more compassionate, resilient future for all. You will work alongside an energized and motivated team of colleagues within a supportive work culture.
Our intern will participate and assist with the following tasks:
- Writing, editing and proofreading including contributing to our blogs, website and communications materials
- Supporting our social media presence using such outlets as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Assisting with marketing efforts to expand our audience outreach
- Entering and tracking various forms of data
- Organizing and creating catalogs of files such as photos, videos and other media files
- Other general duties and tasks to support Communications and Programmatic Initiative areas
Successful intern candidates will have outstanding interpersonal, oral and especially written communications skills; proven expertise in proofreading and editing documents; computer literacy with experience in using MS-Office, databases, social media sites; some experience in Communications or Marketing work is most desired. Candidates should also possess a strong desire to learn about and support the Garrison Institute’s mission and have a keen interest in contemplative and mindfulness practices as well as interest in our programmatic areas focused in caregiving and social/human services, social justice, planetary health, and education.
Candidates currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program are encouraged to apply as well as recent graduates and those looking to transition into the non-profit field. This opportunity offers a flexible schedule, paid part-time hours, virtually based internship with some on-site work if so desired at our beautiful, former monastery set on 90 wooded acres overlooking the Hudson River.