- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a skilled Warehouse Associate who believes in lending your skills to end hunger during these unprecedented times? If so, consider being an Order Builder.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for an Order Builder to help provide support to the operation of food distributions during the current shelter in place mandate. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
This is a Full Time position responsible for building pallets and other warehouse duties as needed. This position is responsible for working safely, accurately, and efficiently in the operations of the SF-Marin Food Bank and in compliance with the total warehouse and inventory standards. The main objective is to be productive, accurate and efficient in building orders and pallets to be loaded onto trucks for delivery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Demonstrate adherence to safety through consistent actions in line with safety expectations and adherence to all related policies and procedures
- Ensure safety policy is followed by all staff when carrying out all day to day activities
- Promote safety and adherence to SF-Marin Food Bank policies and procedures, standard operating procedures and federal/state regulations (Food Handling, DOSH and OSHA)
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- A good sense of balance
- Good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures (cooler, freezer, etc.)
- Support a culture of safety first
- Demonstrate and continue to exhibit a working environment with a foundation of mutual respect, trust, fairness, flexibility, honesty, accountability and engagement
- “Build” pallets/orders as needed/directed to support successful order fulfillment
- Assist in maintaining an organized warehouse that maximizes space and efficiency while promoting a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Use material handling equipment (stand up forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) to move product and materials from/to designated locations to support activities in an efficient and safe manner
- Assist the daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and other material handling equipment
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to product age and quality
- Accurately complete all paperwork for menu orders
- Maintain an organized and sanitary facility following AIB standards
- Monitor equipment condition and maintenance
- Perform other duties and tasks as required.
- Experience in operating forklifts including reach trucks
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis.
- Good physical condition
- Keen eye for detail
- High school diploma
- Able to work Overtime when necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in Cantonese. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.