Director of Nutrition
- Experience Level
The Nutrition Department is led by the Director of Nutrition and consists of a team of two Dietitians. The Director of Nutrition takes a team approach working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure high quality/nutritious meals are being produced and delivered. The Director of Nutrition will also represent MOWSF while working with our various external stakeholders. MOWSF serves an average client census of about 3,300. The kitchen produces an average of 2,200,000 meals annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of the Home Delivered Meal (HDM), Adults With Disability (AWD) Covid-19 Isolate & Quarantine (IQ) and Navigation Center meal programs to ensure all food and nutrition regulations are in compliance.
- Assist with the development of a Medically Tailored Meal program in order to pursue additional revenue.
- Assist with the development of a Medical Nutrition Therapy program in order to pursue additional revenue.
- Participates with sales and production team to seek additional mission centric contracts. (Be an open advocate for MOW programs).
- Learn, train, and manage the Computrition Software system. Computrition is used to manage multiple menus, recipe costing, and nutritional analysis.
- Assist with development of Choice or Select menu for current clients.
- Developing policies and procedures for the department in relation to nutrition services provided.
- Supervises the nutrition staff in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring proper documentation for all modified diet clients.
- Overseeing nutrition counseling programs for home delivered participants.
- Coordinating with Social Work department, Home Delivered Meal, and Kitchen managers to establish Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process and chain of custody process for meal concerns and complaints. Develop and oversee, customer and client meal and service delivery satisfaction committees.
- Supervises in-service training program for home delivered meal driving staff.
- Oversee the Department of Aging Services safe meal delivery system (Route Monitoring).
- Monitor compliance with DAAS contracts.
- Provide monthly billing reports to the finance department.
- Attends and represents MOWSF at community meetings as needed, and participates in various collaborative projects as appropriate.
- Oversee and manage the Nutrition department’s staffing resources as it relates to conducting nutrition screenings, assessments and counseling for home delivered meal clients.
- Conduct client nutrition screenings, assessments and counseling for home delivered meal clients.
- Conduct needs assessment and follow up for clients on modified diets.
- Prepare and or oversee preparation of nutrition education materials.
- Data entry for client records and statistics including case notes for all client interactions.
- Preceptor or oversee preceptor to dietetic interns and nutrition assistant students.
- Assist with kitchen inspection readiness.
- Oversee kitchen sanitation audit process for Health department and DAS.
- Lead in conducting Annual Client Satisfaction Survey.
- Provide input on future planning and direction for MOWSF.
- Perform other nutrition-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/ Dietetics or a related field required
- Must have successfully completed requirements for Registered Dietitian.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an RD preferred.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a nutrition department preferably in the non-profit sector required
- Previous experience working with various external stakeholders which includes city/county/state health/nutrition departments as well as other relevant organizations strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically required
- Be an active advocate for MOWSF
- Experience in cycle menu development.
- Experience in quantity food production a plus.
- Ability to successfully work in a culturally diverse team environment
- Ability to successfully multi-task and work under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Good organization and written documentation skills.
- Computer experience required, Microsoft Office, Computrition and database familiarity.
- Bilingual a plus, especially in Spanish, Cantonese, Tagalog, Russian or Mandarin.
SALARY / HOURS/BENEFITS:
The position is Exempt is scheduled to work a 40-hour work week (Monday –Friday) Paid vacation and sick time are allowed and stated in the personnel manual. Health and dental insurance is paid by employer. Other optional fringe benefits are available in accordance with MOWSF personnel manual.
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Healthcare $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Executive / Senior Management Healthcare $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Healthcare $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Home Health Aid / Senior Care Healthcare $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco