Director of Advancement
- Experience Level
The Georgia Trauma Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization formed in 2013 with a mission to support and enhance the trauma system of Georgia primarily through research, while utilizing research insight to drive education and injury prevention. Our core belief is simple:
Every Georgia resident is entitled to life-saving care when something goes wrong, but many don’t have this assurance.
For our state, the trauma statistics are staggering! Georgia’s trauma costs our state more than $400 billion annually. It is the leading cause of death for people aged 1-44, and the fourth leading cause of death for all age groups. If we brought our trauma death rate up to just the national average, we would save 700 lives each year.
While Georgia’s trauma system has made great strides in recent years; there is still much work to be done. That work has to start at the grassroots level. Our plan includes building strategic partnerships and developing programs that will reach throughout the state. The Georgia Trauma Foundation is committed to meet and support the critical needs of research, improved and increased designated trauma centers, and focused trauma-related education.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Advancement (Director) will spearhead advancement and development efforts as the Georgia Trauma Foundation (foundation) continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the advancement program.
- Develop a clear and compelling written case for support
- Build understanding and support for that case among foundation constituencies
- Manage the implementation and administration of a donor management system
- Design advancement strategy and oversee ongoing fundraising efforts for the organization working with the ED and board to identify funds needed, funding targets, and funding approaches
- Design and implement a strategic plan that includes strategies and goals for annual giving.
- Identify and manage the resources needed to carry out the fundraising plan, including annual gala.
- Help the organization define performance measures for fund development and systematically monitor results
- Use prospect research tools and your donor database to cultivate donor relationships
- Oversee organization of special events
- Bachelor’s degree required in non-profit, public relations, or related field and 5 years of experience in development.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of donor management systems
- Ability to perform other tasks as directed by the ED