ReStore Donations Manager
- Degree Level
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to transform communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families. Qualified candidates will be engaged with the mission and values of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity.
Position Summary: The ReStore is Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, open to the public. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Atlanta Habitat’s mission. The ReStore Procurement Manager supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by overseeing donation activities for the store, including building relationships with corporate donors and developing strategies for maximizing quality donations. This position reports to the ReStore Operations Director.
- Developing and implementing a strategy for procuring donations to match the ReStore’s goals.
- Managing the ReStore Donations staff and overseeing all donations efforts, both corporate and residential.
- Building relationships with corporate donors and the community.
- Building and maintaining a database of key corporate donors and potential donors.
- Interacting positively with donors and customers.
- Assuring that the ReStore reaches annual goals for donations.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with an emphasis on business or retail.
- Minimum of three years experience in donation procurement, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Minimum of three years of sales experience.
- Experience negotiating contracts/business deals.
- Retail experience with construction or building materials/hardware preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good process management skills.
- Knowledge of fair market values of new and used building materials.
- Geographic understanding of the City of Atlanta.
- Superior customer service skills, including building and maintaining relationships with corporate donors.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Strong research skills and ability to develop and follow through on business leads.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to work well with all staff, homeowners, volunteers and donors.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
This position is classified full-time exempt. The position is full-time, minimum 40 hours per week. The ReStore is open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. A flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend work is required. This position requires extensive driving around the City of Atlanta. Candidates must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
How to Apply: Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Apply at www.atlantahabitat.org/apply. Application website is not mobile-friendly. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 9, 2020, or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.