- Degree Level
- High School
Level: Entry Level
Job Location: 5320 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross, GA 30093
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Highschool Diplomas or Equivalent
Job Category: Nonprofit – Social Services
The Assessment Coordinator will be responsible for the screening and determination of assessment needs for all telephone calls, general e-mail and walk-in clients to the Norcross Assessment Center. This position will also oversee all facility calendars, handle all incoming inquiries and work as preliminary liaison between clients, guests, and staff.
The Assessment Coordinator will work closely with the NAC staff to ensure that all assessments are appropriately scheduled, assigned, and confirmed with clients. This position is intended to provide overall administrative support focused on allowing the assessment center to operate at maximum efficiency.
- Screen all incoming telephone calls and transfer appropriate calls to other staff members at the Norcross Assessment Center;
- Create and maintain calendars for the Norcross Assessment Center client appointments, shared common area, co-working space, and healthcare services;
- Using Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or later version (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher);
- Constructing general administration and record-keeping files for the Norcross Assessment Center;
- Providing information to persons experiencing homelessness regarding the services available through partners in the Gwinnett County Coordinated Entry System;
- Enter intake information into Homelessness Management Information System (HMIS) in support of the Coordinated Entry System;
- Assist Housing Navigators by serving as a backup for intake duties by aiding individuals and making referrals to appropriate services through the Gwinnett County Coordinated Entry System.
- Maintaining contact records for all calls/emails/electronic messages to the Norcross Assessment Center (contact information, subject of inquiry, and tracking the volume of contacts being made), and other information required by Georgia HMIS or HFG.
- Assisting Housing Navigators in the creation and maintenance of electronic (HMIS) files and other documentation;
- Assisting Housing Navigators by entering data during each workday into the State of Georgia’s HMIS in accordance with HUD’s Data Standards for homeless programs;
- Maintaining files documenting feedback from clients that can be used for improvements to the Gwinnett County Coordinated Entry System;
- Protecting the privacy of personal data required by the Gwinnett County Coordinated Entry System;
- Participating in facility staff meetings, case conferences, training and other system activities as assigned;
- Assisting the Norcross Assessment Center Director in the development and implementation of the Gwinnett County Coordinated Entry System policies and operating procedures, and updates for the Norcross Assessment Center, as assigned;
- Attending/participating in workshops, in-service training, conferences and meeting, as assigned; and
- Performing other duties, as assigned by the Norcross Assessment Center Director.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Highschool diploma or equivalent (Associate Degree preferred) from a public or private secondary school or college;
- Minimum one years' related work experience in an office environment dealing directly with the general public; and
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or later version is required (experience with database applications preferred)
A successful individual in this role will have:
- Intermediate level of language proficiency in conversational Spanish;
- Proven organizational skills and a keenly developed attention to detail;
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Able to engage with general public;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Experience in performing data entry in a networked environment;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations, specifically with persons experiencing homelessness;
- Ability to be self-motivated and capable of accomplishing tasks and projects with minimal oversight; and
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, successfully implement time management skills, and complete assignments and projects as assigned