U.S. Oil & Gas Industry Analyst (Permian Basin)
- Degree Level
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking a U.S. Oil & Gas Analyst for a position based in the southwestern United States or in the southwestern tribal nations. We are looking for an experienced professional with financial knowledge of the energy industry in the southwest and with a commitment to IEEFA's mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
IEEFA is a rapidly-growing 501(c)(3) nonprofit that conducts research and analysis on financial and economic issues related to energy markets, trends and policies. Headquartered in Lakewood, Ohio, IEEFA has an team of analysts and communications personnel located across the globe.
IEEFA produces a significant volume of original research, as well as ongoing analysis and reports on issues affecting energy industries. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our website: www.ieefa.org.
The organization’s research products and commentary are used by a variety of organizations and individuals involved in the energy industry, including just-transition organizations, environmental organizations, business and labor leaders, Wall Street analysts, academic researchers and educators, legislators, attorneys and government administrators. IEEFA’s work is widely cited across the mainstream press and in trade publications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Producing written analysis and commentary for publication and internal use on oil and gas-industry finance in the Permian Basin. Analysis will focus on public policy affecting the industry regionally, alongside company holdings, finances, ownership, behavior and strategies, and capital structures.
- Establishing a monitoring program to alert IEEFA and its networks to emerging regional energy issues and to develop themes for analysis.
- Providing timely, relevant Permian Basin information for colleagues and for media.
- Developing a network of energy and finance professionals in the Permian Basin to improve information flow.
- Establishing and developing relationships between IEEFA and communities in the Permian Basin.
- Participating in and preparing presentations for IEEFA’s annual energy finance conference, and other organizational projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in finance, energy, engineering or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with good political judgment both orally and in writing.
- Strong understanding of finance and economics.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- High degree of technological proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software and applications.
- Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
- Preference will be given to residents of the southwestern United States or the southwestern tribal nations.
- Specific knowledge of and/or experience with oil and gas finances in the southwest.
EOE: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at IEEFA. All members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing all employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy/parental status or disability status.
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week. General hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Travel: Some travel will be required (when it becomes possible), including regional travel and annual trips to New York for IEEFA team meetings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: This is a remote work position. Must be able to work for prolonged intervals at a computer. Computer work can involve repetitive motion, eyestrain, back and neck strain.
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 DOE
Benefits: Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation leave (20 days per year), sick and safe leave (10 days per year), 12 paid holidays per year, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan after 6 months employment.
COVID-19 Considerations: This is a remote work-from-home position. Occasional travel may be required in which case IEEFA is committed to meeting or exceeding current CDC and state health recommendations including provisions regarding face coverings and social distancing.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. All submissions should be sent by email with the phrase “Permian Basin Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The first review of applicants will begin on September 30, 2020.