Procurement and Contracts Specialist
- Experience Level
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Office of Contracts and Purchasing oversees all contractual agreements and serves as the Commission’s central resource for the purchase of goods, services, and equipment. The new position within the office will work on all administrative aspects of the department and provide some technical assistance, while having a customer-service approach to problem-solving.
This is interdependent work using knowledge of purchasing concepts, and contract terms and their structures, while having the ability to operate within the Commission’s procurement, contract and purchasing processes, and the applicable Federal, State and Commission rules that govern it. The work utilizes high levels of attention to detail and of staying organized during the multiple stages of these processes and maintaining communication lines with DVRPC staff and external partners. Work is assigned, reviewed, and evaluated by the Manager, Office of Contracts and Purchasing, while in process or upon completion for quality and adherence to established procedures.
- Review and oversee purchasing requisitions to ensure compliance and timely processing.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and research cooperative contracts when applicable.
- Review service agreements and track subscription expiration dates.
- Manage approved requisitions and purchase orders documentation, including receipts, and packing slips; and reconcile credit cards.
- Process rental car requests and maintain vehicle records.
- Monitor vendor performance and resolve issues and concerns.
- Review of scope of work, specifications, and proposal submission requirements as part of the preparation of formal competitive solicitation documents including Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, and Request for Quotations utilizing templates.
- Review proposal submissions and set up Shared Google Drives.
- Assist with preparation of contracts and grant documents utilizing templates, and set up electronic signatures through Adobe Sign.
- Maintain accurate contract, formal competitive solicitation, requisition, subscription and inventory files, records, and databases.
- Interact with key stakeholders in identifying needs and provide guidance throughout procurement and purchasing processes.
- Prepare formal letters and oversee procurement email inbox.
- Perform related work as required.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement principles and procedures, including Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications and preparation of specifications.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of contract preparation and administration.
- Effective written, oral communication, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong detailed-oriented capabilities, organizational, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in contract, procurement and purchasing.
- Experience in research and writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, handle several projects at once, and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat skills.
Experience & Training
To classify as a Level AA II, a minimum of three years of experience in procurement and/or contracts; or an equivalent combination of experience and training as may be gained from a four-year college/university.