6 days left
- Experience Level
Camp Horizon is a registered 501c3 public charity organization offering year-round programs to Metro Atlanta's youth in foster care.
We work to restore dignity and hope to children, teens, and young adults who have been abused and/or neglected -- empowering them to make good decisions and lead healthy, productive lives.
Camp Horizon, Inc . (www.camphorizon.net) is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead our non profit organization. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. The candidate should have strong fundraising experience and be thoroughly committed to Camp Horizon's mission.
Camp Horizon's Executive Director position will include the following key responsibitlies:
- Responsible for meeting organizational fundraising needs on an annual basis
- Demonstrate the value of donation, i.e. linking every dollar raised to an individual camper served
- Plan and oversee annual fundraising campaign
- Manage donor stewardship
- Prepare and share monthly fundraising summary with board of directors
- Schedule and execute on fundraising pitches to Atlanta-based businesses
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Brainstorm, plan, manage, and attend all fundraising events in conjunction with the board of directors fundraising events committee and volunteers
- Manage Sales Force database of potential individual and organizational donors, ensuring data accuracy
- Research, compose, and submit all grants
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Provide strategic and proactive leadership to further the organizational mission and vision.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Actively coach and develop all staff to their full potential
- Actively engage and energize Camp Horizon volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Camp Horizon Stakeholders
- Support program director in planning and executing on camp outings and events
- Recruit, interview, and train all staff
- Write and review all contracts and policies for volunteers and staff with the help of a volunteer attorney, as necessary
- Ensure proper completion and audit of all legal, insurance (liability and workers compensation), and liability paperwork for staff members, volunteers, and campers
- Assist Program Director in maintaining partnership with Camp Twin Lakes
- Conduct bi-annual staff performance reviews in partnership with chairman of the board of directors
- Attend and participate in Camp Horizon events
Marketing and PR
- Assist Program Director in building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with local DFCS organizations
- Ensure presentations are delivered to community organizations to promote the Camp Horizon mission, solicit donations, and recruit volunteers
- Partner with the board of directors marketing committee to effectively promote our mission and attract potential donors and volunteers
- Write, proof-read, and/or edit all newsletters, PR, fundraising, and website materials to accurately reflect the mission and vision of Camp Horizon
- Work with the Marketing Committee on all social media accounts, including creating and curating content relevant to CH programming, volunteer engagement, child abuse and neglect, and the foster care system
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, MBA or MPA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 3-year experience with Non-profit in a development role
- Unwavering commitment as a self-starter to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop cross functional teams of Board Members and volunteers, set, and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong fundraising experience (marketing and public relations experience a plus) and with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, and mission-driven
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Event Planning Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Working from home