- Experience Level
Title: Development Lead
Travel and phone budget is provided
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Remote - Home Office - (Required Northern California) - Year One
About WellKind & WellKind Guatemala
WellKind believes that the “future is well”. Wellkind provides leadership training and ecological and economic resources from a perspective that recognizes local leadership, systems thinking, and our inherent connection to nature. We look at the whole system, intentionally designing programs that work towards community resilience - helping communities build the capacity to meet their own needs. By fostering leadership within the unique context of each community, we seek to restore the web of relationships - to self, each other and the planet - that form the roots of a thriving planet.
Wellkind Guatemala is a grassroots initiative that supports the indigenous community of Tzununa, emphasizing self-sufficiency, economic empowerment, individual and community health, and environmental sustainability. Tzununa is located on the northern shore of Lake Atitlán. Aside from struggling with deforestation and ecological degradation, it is also one of the most at-risk villages on the lake in terms of food and housing security. As in most of the Department of Sololá, malnutrition and a lack of access to healthy food are major obstacles to the community’s well-being. The need for access to affordable, healthy food, as well as the community’s desire to protect and enrich the local ecosystem, led Wellkind to focus on teaching villagers to use family gardens, tree planting, and artisanship to support both the environmental and social health of the region.
In northern California we are supporting the design and implementation of permaculture-informed primary school gardens to be leveraged as learning labs and bridges to the community, connecting students and the local community to the Earth and increasing awareness of organic food production. Our goal is to help meet the demand for schoolyard gardens and outdoor classrooms, along with other wonderful programs.
Candidate Background Desired:
We are seeking a self starter with a minimum of six years of non-profit experience successfully raising funds from foundations, corporations, individual donors, via social media, and via events. Excellent writing skills a must along with significant grant proposal writing and reporting experience.
`• Opportunity Cultivator | Identify and strategize best approaches to reach new funder audiences, including foundation, government, and corporate partners
Prospect Manager | Identification of aligned potential donors, tracking.managing opportunities to the point of being invited to submit a proposal and leading completion of proposals
• Content Manager and Writer | Ensure that written materials are high quality & assist in crafting new, engaging content that communicates impact and inspires and aligns staff and funders
wide strategic and development planning that will help ensure continued sustainable
relationships with potential and existing supporters.
• Persuasive, compelling communication skills, especially in written form
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and act with limited resources.
• Experience with MS Office software suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) or similar
• • Experience successfully applying for and receiving significant ($50,000 and up) private foundation grants, corporate grants and funds from individual donors
>Attention to detail and tracking of donor related information in fundraising software - DonorPerfect software experience preferred but not required.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter (requested hourly pay rate), resume, and three professional references
WellKind is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants who will increase the diversity of WellKind are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish is welcome but not required.
- Initially this position will work remotely with possible in-office work (Bay area) in 1-2 years.
- Sitting and working on a computer and phone for long hours and attendance at virtual meetings via zoom.
- Job duties may require significant driving to different sites in Northern California to meet with foundations, corporations, donors, lead events and attend staff meetings.
Send a resume, cover letter detailing experience, and requested salary to firstname.lastname@example.org