Part time Cook
- Degree Level
- High School
The Center for Children & Young Adults (CCYA) located in Marietta, Georgia is a three building campus housing homeless youth and young adults between the ages of 13 and 21 who have been abandoned, neglected, and/or abused. We are licensed to serve up to 41 youth and young adults.
Meals are nutritionally balanced, well-planned, and prepared and served in a manner to assure a nutritionally adequate diet – portion control, nutrition, calories, eye appeal, and warm meals.
Special meals may be required based on the health needs of the residents. Three meals a day are to be prepared on time and at reasonable cost during each 24-hour period. On occasion staff may be required to work overtime to meet meal service standards.
All health and sanitation codes must be strictly followed to ensure health and welfare of the youth and staff. In order to ensure compliance, staff must:
- Maintain all applicable health/sanitation codes and standards.
- Store all food per applicable standards to ensure sanitation, freshness, and quality.
- Develop, implement, and revise maintenance schedule.
- Supervise residents in cleanliness and dispense materials needed for maintenance.
- Prepare reports as required by state or other agencies.
- Participate in required annual training.