Development Operations Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
LENA is a national nonprofit changing early childhood. We integrate our “talk pedometer” technology into innovative programs to support parents, caregivers, and teachers to accelerate children’s language development, school readiness, and social-emotional health. We’re seeking a Development Operations Manager as a new role to manage development operations as well as cultivate and grow our place-based fundraising across the country all in service to ensuring more children, families, and early childhood educators are supported and engaged. In 2019, we served more than 10,000 children and are on track to serve more than 100,000 children annually by 2024.
- Set up systems and manage development operations including:
- Work with our Principal of Philanthropic Partnerships and our Chief Growth Officer to research both national and place-based major donors and institutional funders
- Plan and implement prospect identification approaches to build a pipeline of prospective donors
- Monitor fundraising pipeline and report progress against milestones and financial targets
- Own LENA’s Development Operations, ensuring all data is accurate and up to date; create and maintain efficient systems to manage all development processes; contribute to the planning and execution of virtual cultivation opportunities; work with the finance and growth teams.
- Create compelling written communication or templates to keep stakeholders informed and inspired about our work; collaborate with LENA’s Content Team to set up regular communications across our pipeline.
- Write persuasive grant templates and manage the grant reporting process; collaborate across the organization to gather the requisite metrics and compile high-quality reports, ensuring 100% on-time delivery.
- Stay current on key trends & players in the early childhood funding space.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excel at prioritization and project management
- Are highly organized with superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate sound judgment and exceptional interpersonal skills including relationship and trust building, communication, and listening
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and willing to navigate new situations
- Understand and commit to LENA’s mission and are passionate about fund development work to support an organization achieving long term sustainability
LENA offers a fun, close knit, professional, and supportive work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an organization that takes our job seriously, not ourselves. To read more about our values- https://www.lena.org/joinourteam/
LENA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. EOE/M/F/D/V