VP, Learning and Innovation
- Experience Level
Launched in 2019, honoring the great legacy and visionary business leadership of Herman J. Russell, Sr., The Russell Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (“RCIE”), will be the largest center in the Americas driven by community impact and devoted to empowering African American entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The only initiative of its kind in the region, RCIE will be part incubator, part accelerator, part innovation lab and even part museum, changing the narrative by telling the untold stories of African American entrepreneurs and business leaders of past and present, while offering access to place and space, resources, mentorship, and educational opportunities. It will be Atlanta’s nexus between community, institutions, and enterprise, RCIE ultimately will build a talented and prepared pipeline of entrepreneurial leaders and sustainable businesses that will raise the collective prosperity of Atlanta—just as Mr. Russell did in so many ways.
RCIE will include over 50,000 SF of affordable coworking, convening, meeting and makerspace; along with a robust offering of educational, mentoring, networking, and capital resources; dedicated to inspiring ideas, creating jobs, scaling companies, and increasing wealth in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspired and passionate professional, educator and collaborator to oversee the development of World Class cutting-edge, comprehensive, relevant, supportive and empowering curriculum and learning platform for the Russell Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate is an individual capable of wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of internal/external education and course offerings for RCIE.
- Develop a community blueprint that leverages the strengths, connections, and resources of existing regional programs and organizations.
- Define and update curriculum approach, PATH progression and learning objectives.
- Research and recruit faculty, speaker, experts and other curriculum related volunteer roles.
- Address and resolve any curriculum related risks and issue escalations.
- Build and maintain relationship and communicate regularly with faculty.
- Oversee the Readiness Assessment process and host monthly training for learning and innovation team and any additional volunteers.
- Monitor and oversee the new Stakeholder interview process.
- Conduct external research on entrepreneurial needs and resources.
- Confirm Faculty (contract renewals and negotiations.
- Finalize courses and monitor class offerings, schedules, calendars and registrations.
- Collect feedback from Director of Community on curriculum improvement; apply lessons learned across BIG IDEAS programming.
- Track and provide reports related to participant data and output/outcome metrics.
- Contribute to the overall success of RCIE by performing other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Five or more years of overall professional business, education and/or leadership experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and evaluation of curriculum services.
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically, tactically, and creatively within a startup organization with limited resources or support personnel.
- Excellent communicator; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills coupled with the experience and tendency to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder.
- Ability to lead and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Capacity and willingness to accept duties with initiative and resourcefulness.
- In many ways, we are a “start-up” and each employee will be given signiﬁcant responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to pitch in and assist the team as needed.
- Knowledge of corporate, national foundation, capital campaigns, annual funds and donor databases.
- Proven track record of successful performance results and accountability.
- Experience working with a non-profit mission focused organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with professional integrity and discretion
- Ability to use technology efficiently and appropriately.
- Master’s Degree preferred along with entrepreneurial experience.
Job Type: Full-time
RCIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, age, qualified handicap, or disabled status.