Student Success Coach
- Experience Level
The Stewart Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community development organization serving children and families in the Pittsburgh community of Atlanta. The Center promotes strong communities through educational initiatives, wellness resources, and housing solutions. The Center directs all of its resources in partnership with Pittsburgh residents to transform the neighborhood into a place of hope and opportunity.
Learning Lab Description: In order to provide academic and technical support for Stewart Center families, APSC will host daily in-person and virtual learning labs in partnership with the local elementary school. The Center will provide a safe, structured learning environment and will be committed to following health and safety guidelines.
Each learning lab will consist of 5-6 elementary students in the same grade working alongside one APSC Success Coach. The Success Coach will ensure that the students are able to log-on to the virtual school platform, are tracking their classroom teacher, and completing online assignments. The Success Coach will also provide technical support and the supplies necessary for the students to be successful with distance learning.
The Andrew P. Stewart Center is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Success Coach in our Education Program. We are looking for exceptional candidates who are confident, passionate, organized, patient, creative, and flexible. He or she must have a passion for kids and strong motivation for serving under-resourced communities.
Our Success Coaches provide support to our Education Program by:
- Facilitating an in-person small group of about 5 students.
- Following all health and safety guidelines provided by APSC.
- Creating a structured, safe, and engaging classroom environment.
- Completing student attendance and progress reports.
- Building positive relationships with all students, teachers, and families.
- Implementing positive behavior management techniques.
- Actively supervising all activities for the small group.
- Supporting and assisting teachers during instructional time
- Engaging volunteers in ways that are appropriate for and beneficial to students
- Assisting with preparation and clean-up for daily activities
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Google Classroom, Zoom, and other online platforms
- Able to troubleshoot technical difficulties
- Able to communicate respectfully and confidently to students to provide direction
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates punctuality
- Able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with elementary education and youth development
- Available to serve Monday-Friday, from approximately 8:00am-2:00pm
- Actively able and willing to participate in activities in-person and virtually
- Passionate about community service
*This position requires employees to be able to make a commitment to serve every day of the week, Monday - Friday, from approximately 8:00am-2:00pm, excluding school breaks and holidays.
Date Requirements: August 17, 2020 – May 26, 2021
- Mandatory Training
- August 17-August 21
- First Day of School
- August 24
- Holidays/Breaks: Our education programs follow the Kindezi Schools calendar. There are no programs during school breaks or holidays. See the full calendar here: https://kindezi.org/schools/kindeziatgideons/.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
*In the event of COVID-19 exposure, students and staff will shift to a virtual check-in model. Success coaches will check-in with students on a daily basis to ensure they are completing their assignments. Further info will be provided at staff training.
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Elementary Education experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Georgia Driver's?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?