PAL & Young Professionals Coordinator
- Experience Level
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13 million dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a PAL & Young Professionals Coordinator.
The PAL & Young Professionals Coordinator is responsible for coordinating PAL, Atlanta’s Jewish Big Brother/Big Sister program and young professional volunteer programming at JF&CS. PAL serves a diverse range of family scenarios such as single-parent households, LGBTQ families, military families, children raised by guardians other than their biological parents, siblings of children with disabilities and other family structures through young professional mentors in one-on-one and group activities. Young professional volunteer programming engages Big PALs and other Young Professionals with JF&CS through service, community and leadership opportunities.
Help administer the Agency’s PAL and Young Professional volunteer programming in alignment with the Agency’s strategic plan.
- Recruit Jewish young professional volunteers to serve as mentors for children.
- Identify eligible Jewish children between the ages of 5 years – 17 years.
- Interview all potential PAL volunteers and PAL families to determine appropriateness for program.
- After screening parents/legal guardians, children and volunteers, matches children and volunteers based on interests, personality, temperament and psychosocial need.
- Work in conjunction with the Human Resources Department and the Volunteer Services Manager to conduct screening and the application process for volunteers. This process includes interviewing, checking references, collecting background information, initiating criminal background check (includes motor vehicles report and sex offender registry check) and drug screen, and visiting the home of the potential PAL volunteer.
- Provide PAL Program training to all PAL volunteers and provide ongoing supervision of matches based on the developmental needs of each match.
- Advocate for PAL families and continually assesses need for additional clinical services and community resources.
- Plan and implement several community-wide group activities for PAL participants throughout the year introducing Jewish themes and community involvement.
- Conduct community outreach and build relationships with community agencies, schools and synagogues.
- Collaborate on intra and inter agency programming opportunities.
- Manage PAL Program’s annual operating budget.
- Maintain and strengthen alumni relations.
- Coordinate PAL committee in its support of ongoing program development and work in conjunction with PAL Committee Chair.
- Participate in planning and implementing Havinagala, an annual event that provides financial support for PAL.
- Create and coordinate digital marketing for the PAL program including Facebook and Instagram posts.
Young Professional Volunteer Programming
- Recruit, steward and track Young Professionals for YP group programming, leadership and individual service opportunities.
- Serve as a point of contact for young professional volunteers, intake, training, engagement and volunteer appreciation.
- Work with the Volunteer Services Manager to match volunteers with appropriate opportunities including PAL based on their skill sets and interest.
- Ensure agency volunteers are properly vetted in coordination with the agency policy.
- Take ownership of the volunteer database for volunteers to track volunteer hours, interests, and progression of volunteers in the agency.
- Plan and provide logistical oversight for young professional volunteer activities and events including Hunger Walk, Operation Isaiah, Intergenerational Brunch, Mitzvah Day, Recognition Days, joint PAL activities, etc.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with other Atlanta agencies and nonprofits.
- Create and coordinate digital marketing for young professional programming including Facebook and Instagram posts with support from JF&CS Marketing Department.
- Manage YP Program’s annual operating budget.
- Assist with development of content for volunteer communications. Help ensure that the website and volunteer pages are accurate and updated.
- Support the Volunteer Services Manager in developing and coordinating Corporate/Group Volunteer engagements for young professionals.
- Attend and take minutes for various young professional volunteer related committee meetings.
Ramie A. Tritt Foundation Leadership Program
- Working closely with the Tritt co-chairs, coordinate programming & logistics for the Ramie A. Tritt Foundation Young Professionals Leadership program.
Attend Volunteer & Agency events as required including evenings and/or weekends.
Assist with additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse individuals and families
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of the Development Team.
- Conscientious and reliable with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, highly organized. Solid planning and logistical skills.
- Must have outstanding computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite/Excel and database knowledge
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Preferred background in psychology, sociology, counseling or mental health
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years previous experience in non-profit environment with volunteer services, special events and/or counseling
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1