- Degree Level
The Development Coordinator provides support to all development functions, including (but not limited to): fundraising, special events, grant research, grant writing, grant submission, grant reporting, foundation and corporate relations, public relations, etc. This position reports directly to the Director of Development. A successful Development Coordinator will be organized, willing to learn, and have the skills, understanding, and personal confidence to work in a fast paced setting and provide the highest quality of work. Please visit www.scsac.org to learn more about our organization prior to submitting your resume for consideration.
• Support the Development Department with individual, corporate, and foundation research to identify new funders and funding streams
• Support/manage all fundraising special events and initiatives.
• Support the Director of Development with donor visits, including scheduling meetings, creating donor packets, reviewing and submitting donor giving history, and attending visits.
• Manage the organization’s donor management platform and all corresponding applications.
• Provide reports on grant and donation status to the Director of Development and Executive Director to support fundraising efforts.
• Identify and create custom data reports to support fundraising efforts, as needed.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development, recruit, screen and train volunteers to support the organization’s special events initiatives.
• Assist the Director of Development with the management of: agency website, social media platforms, media relations, and corporate, foundation and donor relations efforts.
• Maintain grants calendar, donor database, and detailed notes in the organization’s database.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
3+ years experience in a community facing organization – nonprofit experience highly preferred.
3+ years Nonprofit Development and/or Special Events management experience highly preferred.
Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing new processes, best practices, and innovation to enhance an organization’s effectiveness and culture.
Experience with MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Results - proven track record for exceeding goals - must have bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, assessment, and judgment; excellent problem solving skills, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Vision and Agility - Exceptional strategic thinking skills; ability to think creatively; must be an excellent communicator – verbal and written.
- Action Oriented - Ability to act and react as necessary, even when limited information is available; ability to manage situations.
- General Management - Ability to address the differing needs of multiple people; ability to handle multiple tasks at once; broad experience with data and social media platforms; strong time management skills; ability to take initiative; ability to maintain and handle matters of c confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
Monday - Friday | 9:00am - 5:00pm | Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
100% Employee Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance paid by SCSAC-CAC.
Writing sample and professional references required, upon request.
Background check required.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE