Bilingual Sexual Assault Advocacy Specialist (Part Time)
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Mosaic Georgia provides services which enhance safety, healing, and justice for people of all ages impacted by sexual violence and abuse; works to eliminate the social conditions that allow for violence; and delivers professional training that build the capacity of local community response to victims.
Advocacy Specialist – This position will provide crisis intervention, direct victim advocacy services, information and referral, legal advocacy, victim accompaniment services (medical, legal and other) and follow-up assistance for child & adult sexual assault/ abuse victims and families. The Advocacy Specialist will work within a rotating "on call" schedule and is responsible for case management, responding to crisis line calls, client intake, disposition tracking and data management for all persons/families victimized by sexual violence/abuse. This position requires strong skills in data management, case management and interagency communications.
Applicant must have extraordinary communication skills and attention to details and follow-up. This position requires an extensive working knowledge of victim advocacy and specifically, violence against women advocacy; agency protocols; community service provider agencies; and approved service referral professionals and resources.
The Advocacy Specialist is not a counseling position. The Advocacy Specialist will provide acute crisis intervention, information and resource sharing.
This position reports to the Director of Client Services. This is a part-time 30 hour grant funded position with full benefits including employer-paid health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, vacation, and employer matched retirement benefits. Working hours are mid-afternoon through early evening. Bilingual preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in human services field (e.g., psychology or criminal justice). One year of responsible experience in victim-witness advocacy assignments may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Language/Communication: Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- At least 3 years’ direct-victim service experience in child sexual abuse; sexual assault/domestic violence.
- Previous experience with multi-disciplinary case management, legal advocacy and certification and experience as a child forensic interviewer is a plus.
- Above average working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint. Knowledge of case tracking management systems i.e. Collaborate and CaseWorthy.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must live within a close geographic distance to the center in Duluth, GA and be able to respond to the center within 45 minutes.
No phone calls please.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Duluth
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Duluth
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Duluth