Marketing & Communications Assistant
- Experience Level
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Assistant to support the Vice President for Marketing and Communications, providing crucial administrative, logistical, and project management support for the full, multi-talented Marketing & Communications team, which includes content, press, campaigns, and events strategists.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
- Provide administrative and proactive logistical support for the Vice President of Marketing and Communications including calendar management; coordination of calls/emails, travel, and meeting logistics; facilitates contracts and processing of invoices and expense reports;
- Provide administrative support for team meetings, and internal team working groups, including assistance with preparing and circulating written materials, scheduling meetings and calls, and taking notes;
- Provide administrative support for the Marketing & Communications team, including but not limited to group scheduling, contracts, invoices, and vendor management;
- Assist team with ad hoc admin support, including creating meeting documents, and project coordination during surge periods.
- As needed, provides other administrative and organization-wide support, including serving as limited back-up receptionist;
- Coordinate communications and interfacing with key stakeholders as identified by the VP;
- Respond to internal/external Marketing and Communication inquiries and requests for information;
- Prepare background documents and research materials;
- Assist the Senior Manager of Events, to support org-wide rallies, donor and influencer engagement series, and annual fundraising gala (all currently virtual);
- Provide assistance to the creative team members including light, ad hoc editorial and graphic design support;
- Work with press team to curate and send daily clips, media metrics, and research;
- Maintain supply and swag inventory; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proficiency in all MS Office products,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a keen sense of humor;
- Ability to problem-solve, and independently prioritize, organize and complete work with discretion;
- Must be self-starter with an eye for detail, flexibility, good judgment as well as the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and assignments in an effective manner; and
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible, resourceful and proactive.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
- Experience in an administrative capacity for a senior executive or team, preferably at a non-profit organization, PR agency, political campaign or related field;
- Experience in Asana, EveryAction, Hootsuite, Cision and/or related products preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
The Assistant will report directly to the VP of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with members of the Marketing and Communications team on various assignments.
A minimum salary of $46,690 will be provided to the successful candidate who has experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s Compensation framework.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, one brief writing sample or related Communications product, and three supervisory references to email@example.com. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment specifically month and year. Electronic applications preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled. Please no calls.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.