Coastal Regional Manager and Senior Consultant
- Degree Level
GCN’s Coastal Regional Manager and Senior Consultant
Full time position located in Brunswick GA spearheading efforts in membership, consulting and training with nonprofit organizations in southeast Georgia. Position funded in partnership with the St Mary’s United Methodist Church Foundation to develop the capacity of nonprofit organizations in the region to achieve mission and impact. Individual needs extensive nonprofit experience in order to provide training and consulting for strategic planning, fundraising, board development and management.
- Working with GCN team to conceptualize and execute an array of member services including training, consulting, special events and other initiatives/special project that will benefit the local nonprofit sector. Writing and delivering training, facilitation of board retreats and ability to deliver consulting in variety of areas.
- Building strong relationships with GCN members as well as establish and maintain strong networks in order to expand membership among coastal non-profits.
- Maintaining positive and effective working relationship with local funders to achieve mutual goals and expand capacity of nonprofit sector in the region.
- Working with marketing team to create and execute local PR/marketing strategy for key initiatives.
- Managing overall responsibility for daily office management requirements such as submitting AR/AP, submitting local content to website/marketing/PR dept., managing vendor contracts, coordinating and communicating with headquarters team, managing local contractors
- Managing local funder and stakeholder interests and achieve deliverables as per funding.
Core qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; strong preference for Masters in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Nonprofit Management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of senior-level program management or consulting experience; with strong preference for senior organizational leadership history in nonprofit or philanthropic organization management. Demonstrated history of managing professional staff and interns.
- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the nonprofit, business, government and faith sectors within the coastal region of GA and must reside near the Brunswick, Georgia area (within 25 mile radius). Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Well versed in project management related software packages, including MS Project; additionally must be proficient in MS Word/Excel/ PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to translate complex concepts into succinct communications; public speaking.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop creative solutions to obstacles or barriers.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects.