Early Care and Education Specialist of Central West GA
- Willingness to Travel
- 50 - 75%
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
Job Title: Early Care and Education Specialist
Department: Central West (CW) Child Care Resource and Referral
Supervisor: Manager, Early Care and Education
Salary: Based on experience and education
Counties: Position primarily based in Cobb County. May include travel to the following counties:
CW Counties: Cobb, Carroll, Clayton, Coweta, Douglas, Fayette, Harris, Heard, Meriwether, Paulding, Troup
- Coordinate and provide on-site technical assistance (observation and consultation) and group workshops for child care programs.
- Develop individual plan of improvement for each child care program in project.
- Develop and/or provide training sessions based on needs identified within the community.
- Distribute grants to participating child care programs.
- Complete monthly reports.
- Participate in the planning and execution of community events.
- Meet all deliverables as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field (required). Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Experience working in a child care settings.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations, Quality Rated system, Environmental Rating Scales and Georgia State Funded Pre-K system.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), Council on Accreditation (COA), and the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Team player.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel (50%-70%)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more delivering training.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Specialist of Central West in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.