Special Events Manager, Florida Chapter
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, and volunteer development. The person in this role will plan events and cultivate alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and fundraising work plan for annual special events and individual and Foundation giving.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through sponsorships and donations for Special Events and other events as assigned.
- Produce Special Events including but not limited to:
- Site selection and permitting
- Logistics including site layout, vendor procurement and event day needs
- Marketing material production
- Public relations, social media and event promotions
- Recruitment of event day volunteers
- Other various duties.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for Special Event participants.
- Recruit and manage volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing special events and the fundraising work plan.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events and cultivation meetings.
- Identify, cultivate and steward donors to secure individual gifts up to $10,000 and work with a Major Gifts Officer on gifts over $10,000.
- Work in conjunction with the Foundations Giving Director to identify and secure local Foundation gifts.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and allied team professionals (corporate, medical, individual).
- Utilize special event participant stewardship to help recruit volunteer leaders to serve on Florida Chapter Advisory Board.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising event and special events and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus.
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout South Florida and other states as required.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Special Events Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.