- Degree Level
Work with a Great Team and Make a Difference in Others’ Lives.
Buckelew Programs helps people with mental health and addiction challenges lead healthier, more independent lives by providing treatment and support services tailored to their unique needs. We currently have openings for both full-time and a part-time Employment Specialists to join our Buckelew Employment Services Program.
As an Employment Specialist, you will work primarily with adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness to develop skills to gain and retain employment in the community. You will complete vocational assessments, create individualized service plans and facilitate weekly orientations for potential new clients. In addition, you will connect with employers and vendors in placing clients in their positions.
- Associate degree preferred in mental health or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in vocational services, preferably with persons with mental illness
- Bilingual preferred
- Computer and office skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, email, fax, cloud-based programs, and Electronic Health records (EHR)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal); Spanish language skills a plus
- Ability to work autonomously with focused direction, advocate for team approach, utilize strong organizational skills, project appropriate confidence, listen well, problem solve in on-the-spot situations, remain calm and reassuring in unexpected situations
- Must have an interest in working with persons with mental and/or behavioral health disabilities
- Ability to work flexible hours required (generally normal business hours, with occasional flexibility needed for evening availability)
- Ability to work within with all the rules, regulations, and policies that govern agency compliance
- Must have a California driver’s license with an insurable driving record use of own vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed).