Director of Association Advancement
- Experience Level
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and implement a development and fundraising strategy and program to achieve the funding goals of the Association and its subsidiaries.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Works with the Executive Director and staff to set the Association’s annual and long-term fundraising goals and creates strategies to achieve those goals.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to create and implement fundraising strategies for Georgia City Solutions, Georgia Forward/Young Gamechangers and the Georgia Cities Foundation.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of fundraising materials for presentation to prospective donors Creates and maintains a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Identifies and recruits members for the Association’s Business Alliance Program and maintains relationships with program members.
- Identifies and recruits sponsors for the Association’s Annual Convention, Cities United Summit, Spring and Fall District Meetings and various other programs, conferences and special events.
- Produces relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution.
- Researches potential sources of, and applies for as necessary, grants and other funding streams.
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the mission and programs of the Association and its subsidiaries.
- Builds upon existing donor relationships and forms new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Identifies and creates appropriate recognition programs for donors
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in public relations, journalism, communications, English, or business, or similar field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Minimum 7 years of experience in fundraising with a strong track record of success. CFRE certification preferred.