Program Associate, Alumni Relations
- Experience Level
We are looking for a dedicated, creative individual with a strong commitment to the mission of QuestBridge to join the Alumni Relations team as a Program Associate. The Program Associate will help to develop community and strong resources to support a growing and changing alumni population. This is a great chance for the right individual to make a lasting impact on our QuestBridge Alumni as they transition to the challenges of life after college.
- Write and edit content directed to a diverse alumni population, for marketing or educational purposes.
- Produce content in various channel forms, such as HTML emails, webpages, and social media posts.
- Work closely with a small team to understand needs of our population, and develop new programs to build community and provide resources.
- Curate content on topics pertinent to young alumni (professional development, identity, networking, graduate school, etc.).
- Research and interview alumni for personal updates.
- Help to manage alumni website portal and other online communications forums (Facebook, Slack, etc), including some light moderation.
- Innovate on new ways to facilitate connections- online and in person- within the alumni population.
- Support alumni board committees on projects and initiatives.
- Attend and staff our National College Admissions Conferences.
- Attend and staff alumni events in our regions, as needed.
- Read and evaluation student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally, a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with superior writing and editing ability, and a knack for “storytelling”.
- Ability to research new topics in depth and to write new articles that summarize your findings.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Self-starter, resourceful, and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Comfort with technology and data, with the ability to improve current operations.
- Ability to learn new technology and a variety of software platforms.
- Passion for issues in education, and to the mission of QuestBridge.
- Sensitivity to students and alumni from diverse backgrounds and a track record of handling sensitive personal information and situation.
- Experience with HTML, HTL email marketing software, and/or webpage development.
- Experience designing for communications, using programs like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, or a good knack for visual communications and design.
- Experience or interest in video or audio production.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a far-reaching social venture in an expansion phase.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of the QuestBridge.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy, text editing, and visual aesthetics.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
Hours and Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to shopping, restaurants, Caltrain, and additional transportation.
Apply by uploading your resume and thoughtful cover letter. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we ask that candidates kindly refrain from calling, sending paper applications, and drop-in visits. Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge. QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.