Development Administrator/Grant Writer
- Experience Level
Eagle Ranch is now hiring a part-time (20 hours per week) Development Administrator to begin immediately. The Development Administrator works closely with Eagle Ranch’s Director of Development to manage the Ranch’s foundation and corporate grant pipeline as well as tasks associated with growing and supporting overall development/fundraising efforts.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Grants Management (50%)
The Development Administrator assists the Director of Development in managing the foundation and corporate grant pipeline by identifying and/or researching prospective funders, preparing grant applications and completing required progress reports after funding is secured.
Database Monitoring and Evaluation (15%)
The Development Administrator is responsible for maintaining, monitoring and reporting on donor trends using Raiser’s Edge. S/he is also responsible for ensuring accurate records for specific projects and campaigns.
Prospect Research (10%)
The Development Administrator assists the Executive Administrator in researching individual donors to assess gift capacity.
Administrative Support (25%)
The Development Administrator provides ongoing administrative support to the Director of Development in addition to helping with and attending special functions, donor gift preparations and related errands.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Director of Development, researches foundations in Georgia, southeast, and nationally for potential capital/operational funding.
- Monitors foundation requests and reporting deadlines.
- Writes grant requests for foundation funding.
- Completes and submits grant (progress) reports required by foundations.
- Works with Executive Director, Executive Administrator and Director of Development to organize special foundation solicitations (e.g., for Capital Campaigns).
- Manages the donor side of Blackbaud software (Raiser’s Edge NXT), providing reports as requested by the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Executive Administrator or staff directors.
- Prepares quarterly and annual donor trend analysis, develops queries and produces lists generated from Raiser’s Edge to help target development efforts (e.g., lists used to implement lapsed donor strategies, giving trends, etc.).
- Assists Director of Development in updating constituent notes and records (in Raiser’s Edge).
- Assists Director of Development in preparing regular and special mailings to constituent segments (e.g., tiers, lapsed, planned giving prospects, etc.)
- Good character, health and emotional stability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Christian and regularly attends church.
- Self-motivated, results oriented with high attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work without specific instructions.
- Ability to balance need for detail and accuracy with a need for timely and efficient processes.
- Team player.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (especially databases).
- Highly flexible and able to work collaboratively to achieve development goals of organization.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years experience in non profit setting (preferred).
- Grant writing and Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
Ready to Apply?
Email your professional resume with a cover letter to Kelly Brewer, Director of Development, at email@example.com and we will contact you.