ReStore Donations Scheduling Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
ReStore Donations Coordinator
ReStore, Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, is seeking an energetic professional to support the donation screening and scheduling processes for our retail store. Qualified candidates will have at least three years of customer service experience, have a “customer first” mindset, be able to manage logistics and route scheduling, be willing to follow all store policies and have the desire to work in a unique retail environment. Retail experience with construction/building materials and/or experience with routing, scheduling and/or logistics preferred.
The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to transform communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships and long-term relationships with families. The ReStore is Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, open to the public. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Atlanta Habitat’s mission.
The Donations Coordinator is primarily responsible for:
- Promptly returning calls from prospective donors and scheduling donation pick-ups
- Creating efficient pick-up schedules for the ReStore truck drivers
- Screening donation offers and determining the appropriate donations for the store
- Developing plans and strategies to encourage repeat donors and to target certain areas
- Interacting positively with donors
- Providing superior customer service to donors
- Supporting the ReStore in reaching annual goals
The position is full-time, minimum 40 hours per week. Office hours for this position are on Mondays through Fridays. The ReStore is open Monday through Saturday and hours vary seasonally. Some evening and weekend work is required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. A full benefits package is offered including employer-subsidized health and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), a retirement savings plan with employer matching and an employee gym.
Qualified Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Minimum High school Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of customer service experience.
- Retail experience with construction or building materials and/or hardware preferred.
- Routings, scheduling and/or logistics experience preferred.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with organization and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Sales Force CRM experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Atlanta geographic area and roads.
- Able to create cost and time effective routes based on donation locations.
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “ReStore Donations Coordinator” in the subject line. Please no walk‐ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 29, 2019, or until the position is filled. Atlanta Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Reynoldstown neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions and opportunities for advancement.