Bilingual Intake Specialist
- Experience Level
Educational Requirements and Experience: Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Urban Affairs, a related field or commensurate experience. At least three years of experience in Fair Housing preferred.
Salary Range: $30,320 - $34,320
The Bilingual Intake Specialist is responsible for receiving all calls and/or visitors at the Metro Atlanta office. Responsible for providing information in English and Spanish to ensure resolution of the caller’s/visitor’s inquiry through counseling or referral to appropriate Metro staff or outside agency. Responsible for providing fair housing information, as required, that has the most impact on institutional change in the dual housing market.
- Screens all callers and/or visitors and identifies the nature of their inquiry
- Conducts intakes and makes appropriate referrals
- Documents all inquiries on the appropriate intake log
- Originates and maintains Intake log on all non-discrimination, housing-related inquiries
- Advises funded local jurisdictional residents of their rights and refers them to appropriate resources
- Refers unresolved non-discrimination inquiries/complaints to the Program Manager
- Originates Title VIII logs regarding fair housing complaints
- Refers all fair housing complaints to the Director of Enforcement
- Provides accurate written and/or oral translation assistance in English and Spanish to callers/visitors and Metro staff
- Assists in translating written documents as required (correspondence, training materials, advertisements, etc.)
- Retrieves all messages from intake and administrative lines a minimum of twice a day and deliver same to appropriate staff members
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date, hard copy and automated intake files to document, track and monitor progress of contractual performance objectives
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports to meet reporting requirements of management, Board of Directors, contracts regarding all Intake activity as required
- Provides administrative support to Management Team as required
- Assists in coordinating outside trainings, workshops, conferences and special events as required
- Performs related assignments as required
Commitment and Abilities
- Computer literate, hardware and software
- Demonstrated Commitment to Civil Rights and Fair Housing issues
- Knowledge of federal, state and local fair housing laws
- Fully fluent in Spanish and English - speak, read and write
- Ability to translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate comfortably and respectfully to people of different racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; self starter and self motivated
- Ability to work effectively with executive level professionals
1. Do you have ADVANCED ability to speak, read, write and translate English and Spanish?
2. Do you have excellent file and data management computer skills?
3. Do you have excellent customer service/people skills?
Please email a cover letter, resume to: email@example.com
Please use "Bilingual Intake Specialist" in the subject line of your email.
Resume acceptance will remain open until November 22, 2019.
Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.