- Position Type
- Full Time
Mountainview Women's Health Center
Mountainview Women's Health Center
If you are passionate about serving the underserved, have good communication skills and thrive in an environment that empowers clients to help themselves, we have an excellent Social Worker opportunity in our Grandview, WA clinic!
What we are looking for:
- A compassionate, caring, person who understands social determinants of health and has the desire to serve maternal and pediatric clients throughout the pregnancy and maternity cycle.
- A candidate who is passionate about community health and their patient population.
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in a positive and professional manner.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred.
What you will do:
- Provide assessment and ongoing treatment planning; brief, culturally relevant, mental health counseling; crisis intervention services; and linkages to individuals included but not limited to maternal-child health programs and other community-based programs.
- Participate as the specialized treatment provider in a multiple provider plan.
- Work with assigned clients with special issues including: domestic violence, substance abuse, sexual assault, anger management, personality disorders, developmental delays, duel diagnoses, complex diagnosis, and other cases requiring advanced expertise in evidence-based practices.
- Provide services independently to clients in either an office or home setting.
- Be a vital link in assisting clients to develop self-sufficiency, self-efficacy, and control over their lives and the raising of their children.
What you need:
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or relevant field
- Experience: A minimum of two years of supervised experience in the direct treatment of mentally ill persons in a mental health or social service setting. An understanding of different psychological theories of change, treatment strategies, and the ability to collaborate with other service providers both within and outside of the agency. Knowledge of advanced evaluative techniques of personality, academic, behavioral and cognitive domains. Ability to perform appropriate assessments, crisis intervention, risk management, and case coordination skills.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Any one of the following licenses are acceptable for this position and must be obtained within 60 days of hire: WA state: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LF), Licensed Psychologist (PY), Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA), Licensed Social Worker Associate Advanced (LSWAA), Licensed Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical (LSWAIC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA), Certified Counselor (CL). Current Washington State driver's license with proof of automobile liability insurance coverage. First Aid/CPR card within 30 days of hire.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wcw6w4hvbntqk64r