Executive Director of Clarke County Mentor Program
- Experience Level
The Clarke County Mentor Program, a nonprofit organization founded in 1991, recruits, trains and supports mentors who are matched with students in the Clarke County School System to help the students succeed academically and personally.
The Clarke County Mentor Program is seeking its next Executive Director. The Executive Director position oversees board relations, fundraising, public awareness, fiscal management, as well as the day-to-day management of the Mentor Program. The ideal candidate will have the skills and confidence needed to recruit and support mentors, raise funds for the organization, communicate and coordinate with two vital community partners – Clarke County School District and the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, as well as supervise program staff. Applicants should also be able to manage and communicate data to energize partners and support our work in the community.
Reports to: Board of Directors
- Recommend policies to the Board and/or assist the Board in formulation of policies for the effective and economical operation of the organization. Ensure implementation of policies adopted by the Board.
- Chief administrative responsibility for public accountability of the agency.
- Chief responsibility for compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Assures the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Organize volunteer structure to carry out all fundraising responsibilities including mentor training, public relations and public speaking, special events, a lead resource throughout the campaign for mentor coordination and success of the campaign.
- Direct all financial operations of CCMP including: processing of donations, sending statements, payments to vendors, preparing annual budget, preparation of relevant information for allocations.
- Manage recruitment and training of mentors.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with partner agencies, community groups, organizations, corporations and the community at large. Primary partners include the Clarke County School District and the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Promote active and broad participation by mentors in all areas of the organization’s work. Supports all current volunteer roles within the organization.
- Publicizes the activities of the organization, develops and purchases marketing materials, annual report, and other campaign materials.
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Work or educational background in education, child development, psychology, social work, nonprofit management, or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and education levels
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Some evening/weekend work and local travel are required
- Strong candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the nonprofit and/or education sectors, with supervisory experience
The Executive Director is full-time (40 hours/week) with a base salary of up to $50,000.
Position has paid time off and paid holidays.
Please submit all application materials including cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references.
Please email Victoria Prevatt, Good Works Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CCMP Executive Director.
Applicants should submit all materials before Friday, November 22, 2019 at 5:00pm to receive full consideration.