Paralegal – Removal Defense
- Degree Level
Job Title: Paralegal – Removal Defense
Focus Areas: Immigration
Reports to: Removal Defense Attorney
Status: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Location: LAA Atlanta office
Position Purpose: The LAA seeks a talented paralegal with experience in immigration law to provide direct legal services and administrative support for attorneys to service applicants for removal defense, asylum, and SIJS immigration relief.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide attorney support and services for program applicants
- Assist with follow-up appointments with clients to complete necessary forms and applications
- Assist in collection of supporting documentation, including civil documentation and criminal dispositions
- Prepare applications and supporting evidence
- Manage client case files
- Document communications and filings in program database
- Provide follow-up communication regarding correspondence from USCIS and other relevant agencies
- Communicate with USCIS and other relevant agencies where required
- Provide translation services of client documentation where required
- Serve as interpreter for clients as needed
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Perform administrative and clerical duties and other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned
- Fluency in English AND Spanish REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational skills and attentive to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills and office administration skills
- Sensitive to needs of low-income and culturally diverse clientele
- Previous experience working with immigrant communities
Applicant may be required to successfully pass a background check, including education verification, criminal history and DMV history, as a condition of employment.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Submit resumes and qualifications to email@example.com.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.