Operations & Client Services Manager
- Experience Level
Summary: Kara seeks an individual who desires to be an integral member of our unique organization that has delivered healing to the community for over 40 years. As the Operations & Client Services Manager, you will work under the direction of the leadership team (Executive Director and Director of Client Services & Programs) to implement and coordinate day-to-day agency operations and ensure clients receive compassionate, reliable and impeccable customer service. A passion for our mission of serving the bereaved combined with proven skills in operations management and client services are keys for success. The duties of the Operations & Client Services Manager include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Client Services Focus
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring operational staff does the same, including understanding and communicating the service options available to potential clients.
- Ensures all guests, clients and volunteers are greeted and directed in a hospitable and helpful manner.
- Manages all incoming service request calls with compassion and care, capturing and recording appropriate information, and routing requests to appropriate service program(s).
- Keeps informational service related collateral and resources updated and accessible throughout the facility
- Manages all incoming web-based service request submissions, routing requests to appropriate service program(s) and staff.
- Collaborates with program directors and staff to ensure client service requests are managed appropriately.
- Maintains current information on community resources that supplement grief support services for staff, volunteers and clients
- Maintains supplies for select Drop-In grief groups
- Assists, supports and guides volunteers with meeting room reservations as needed
- Supports the onboarding and orientation of all new staff members as well as Therapy Program associates.
- Produces monthly Service Request reports for analysis and data review.
- Regularly communicates with Executive Director and Director of Client Services and Programs regarding significant client issues or concerns.
- Maintains the Room Reservation System; including room reservation request procedures, user administration, processing and troubleshooting.
- Manages the grief-related books lending library
- Addresses all non-service related requests (phone and web) in a timely manner per organizational procedures
- Prepares written information and documentation for agency-related reports regarding client services.
- Oversees facility operations by ensuring all meeting rooms are in good working order and stocked with appropriate supplies, including kitchen area and shared meeting spaces.
- Serves as primary liaison with facility representative(s) to address all day to day operations and logistics issues including room reservations requests, maintenance concerns, and building security issues.
- Serves as primary liaison with vendors and suppliers in support of agency logistics including but not limited to: Custodial, Information Technology, Cloud-based systems, Phone system, Mail services, and Leased Equipment.
- Serves as primary liaison with vendors and contractors in support of agency operations including but not limited to: Insurance, Background Checks, Quarterly Sales Tax Filing, and Printed Collateral
- Processes and distributes all incoming correspondence, mail, deliveries, and monetary receipts in accordance with established procedures.
- Manages and maintains agency-wide office supplies and materials including marketing brochures, letterhead, business cards and other printed collateral.
- Ensures all office equipment is appropriately maintained and in working order
- Manages and coordinates meeting room reservations at off-site locations in support of agency-wide and program specific events and activities.
- Manages operational volunteers and tracks and records annual donated professional volunteer hours
- Manages preparation and logistics for agency staff meetings, volunteer trainings, board meetings, and select special events
- Serves as the primary key custodian, ensuring all keys are distributed and maintained per established procedures.
- Responsible for addressing facility security and safety issues including filing accident/incident reports.
- Manages and provides guidance and training of Client Services Associate and Administrative Associate
- Maintains agency-wide operational yearly calendar
- Maintains organizational vendor and contract files
- Maintains, creates, and updates agency operational policies and procedures
- Serves as primary liaison and communicator with other tenants on property
- Proactively identifies and proposes opportunities to improve efficiency of operational systems and processes.
- Other agency-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Keen understanding of Kara's mission of providing grief support and a commitment to our guiding values of empathy and compassion
- A ‘client centered’ focus and appreciation of the challenges faced by individuals navigating loss and grief
- High degree of compassionate presence and patience
- High standard of professionalism and integrity
- Hospitable manner, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- A team player and team builder
- Excellent interpersonal skills; an ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients, staff, volunteers, board members, community partners, and vendors.
- Strong verbal communication skills; including excellent phone conversation abilities
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to resolve problems with patience, respect, and professionalism
- Ability to embrace and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and problem solving skills
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative; strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Quick to learn, and devise or apply ideas; and willingness to ask for assistance
- Capacity to plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks and projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised
- Strong managerial skills including effective training and volunteer supervision
- Keen understanding of operational processes and procedures within an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps Suite (mail, calendar, tasks, drive file stream, docs), Internet navigation, Database (cloud & software) applications, and familiarity with design software (Adobe Suite).
- Proficiency in operating office equipment (copiers, printers, scanners, faxes, phone systems) and basic IT and computer networking understanding
- Ability to work evenings and weekends periodically
- Management of Operations and Client Services support staff as well as operational volunteers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, Masters preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience in equivalent role or position
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Social Services field experience a plus
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Proven volunteer experience and management a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- 40 hours per week (exempt)
- Salary Range $58,000 – $63,000
- Employer paid group health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- 403b and FSA options (employee paid)
Submit COVER LETTER & RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Customer Service / Retail Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Program / Project Management Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Social Work / Counseling Human Services $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park