Resource Development Specialist
- Degree Level
- Full time non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Recruiting & Training
- Resource Development Specialist provides key program component of supporting and advocating for service needs for foster parents while maintaining the highest quality of customer service during annual evaluations for foster parents and maintaining compliance standards for all foster parent files.
- Supports administrative team with skills that are proactive, results oriented, highly organized and detailed orientated. Demonstrates timely and effective priority setting, decision making and problem solving. Provides ongoing analysis of licensure requirements for foster homes and training requirements for foster parents. Professional representation of the agency at all times to include timely responses, positive relationship building and effective collaboration with foster parents.
- Models and applies the mission and purpose of Community Connections, Inc. through daily actions that successfully meet the needs of children in foster and adoptive placements by providing quality services through family centered practice.
- In order to bring about these outcomes, the Resource Development Specialist shall perform the following responsibilities and tasks. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Shall have the minimum qualifications of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, sociology, education, counseling, or other human service or behavioral science field with two years of direct service experience with children and families, or a master’s degree in one of the aforementioned areas and one year of direct service experience with children and families. A minimum of one year of direct experience completing home studies is preferred.
- Trainer certification in IMPACT FCP is required.
- Trainer certification in Structured Analysis Family Evaluation (SAFE) and MindSet Safety Management Training is preferred.
- To be available for foster parent trainings, home visits, and special events on scheduled evenings and weekends.
- Have reliable vehicle with auto liability insurance.
Job Performance Expectations:
- Responsible for effectively managing approved foster parents, to include maintaining foster family files and scheduling regular meetings with assigned Family Consultants and Supervisors to discuss each foster family’s strengths and needs over the past year.
- Responsible for scheduling and completion of foster parent annual evaluations and all required licensure items.
- Responsible for coordination, oversight, and tracking of staff and foster parent required annual training.
- Responsible for accurate and timely management of agency’s tracking system for required licensure items for active foster parents and ensuring files, reports, and data are entered in DHS and Community Connections, Inc. databases and in compliance with Community Connections, Inc. policies and procedures, state regulations, and contract requirements.
- Assist in completion of SAFE home study and home study updates
- Demonstrate effective leadership with foster parents and other interested parties.
- Responsible for trainer role for MindSet Safety Management Training and IMPACT FCP.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Please forward resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org