- Experience Level
About Marin Promise Partnership
Marin Promise Partners believe that every child in Marin can reach his/her full educational potential regardless of race, ethnicity or income. That’s why more than 40 schools, nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies have come together as a cross-sector cradle to career network to address Marin county’s persistent and systemic educational inequities. With the support of back-bone team staff, Partners promise that by 2028 they will have closed educational equity gaps at every stage along the cradle to career educational journey. Using the StriveTogether collective impact framework, Partners are aligning around a common vision, using data to hold each other accountable, taking collective action, and advocating for equitable, systemic change. At Marin Promise, partners are seeking to create significant and deep impact in each of Marin Promise’s 6 Cradle to Career milestone areas:
- Enter kindergarten ready to succeed
- Master critical literacy concepts in 3rd grade
- Master critical math concepts in 8th Grade
- Graduate high school ready to succeed in college or career
- Enroll in a College or Career Program
- Complete a College or Career Program
The Backbone Team serves as a catalyst to unify and convene the Partners. We work in the space between systems to connect multiple entities into a seamless network of student support. We are process experts trained in results based accountability, continuous improvement, complex systems change, equity, research, business operations, project management, communications, data strategy, human centered design and group process facilitation.
The backbone team supports the Leadership Council as well as multiple Action Teams focused on eliminating disparities at each Milestone and across Milestones. They report progress towards these milestone goals as well as support teams in identifying what intervention strategies are working to close the equity gaps. They encourage collective learning and continuous improvement. The backbone team is the “connective tissue” that holds the Partnership together and enables the educational equity eco-system to function more effectively and efficiently. Check us out at marinpromisepartnership.org to learn more!
Administration Manager: Role Summary
The Administrative Manager is experienced and passionate about administrative management. The Administration Manager supervises daily support operations and plans the most efficient administrative procedures for the Backbone Team. The Administrative Manager leads the administrative team to complete a wide range of administrative tasks and duties for the Backbone Team and the Partnership. Administrative services managers plan, direct, and coordinate supportive services of an organization, as well as maintain facilities and supervise activities that include recordkeeping, mail distribution, and office upkeep.
Back-Office Administrative Management (30% of role):
- Serve as primary contact for HR and Finance vendor relationships; ensure timely execution of tasks necessary for vendors to complete their HR and Finance functions.
- Troubleshoot back-office administrative challenges, designing solutions for Executive Director and Director of Data and Operations to consider implementing
- Monitor invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes
Board and Leadership Council Administrative Management (20% of role):
- For Board and Leadership Council, manage all operations, logistics, and technical needs for all internal and external meetings, including deck preparation, attendance tracking, note taking, and scheduling
- Design and implement proactive solutions to improve administrative / operational efficiency
- Serve as the first point of contact for the partnership by managing partnership’s email account, phone inquiries, and other information requests
Office Management (25% of role):
- Develop and maintain office space to be welcoming, warm, and viewed as a Partnership resource
- Serve as point person with building owner; oversee the maintenance and repair of office equipment and electrical systems
- Order and maintain office inventory
Backbone Staff Administrative Management (25% of role):
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the backbone team, including calendaring, managing expense reports, booking travel, drafting communications, and coordinating meetings
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation for the Executive Director
- Assist with fund development by providing support with special mailings and donor database management
- Aggregate data and documents for all grant and other reporting needs
- Manage inventory and production of communications materials
- Project manage the recruiting, hiring and onboarding new team members (staff, interns, volunteers, etc.)
Project Management & Communication:
- Demonstrate an ability to “manage up” to complete competing projects on time and under budget
- Keep all stakeholders abreast of project progress. Exhibit strong in-person communication, as well as written communication
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, and an ability to collaborate and work effectively with all stakeholders at all organizational levels with a variety of personalities
- Cultivate warm and welcoming office environment for Marin Promise Partners, including Backbone Staff
- Demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness in all workstreams, regularly monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- Keen interest and willingness to “get into the weeds” when solving administrative challenges
- BA in business administration or 3+ years as an executive assistant / administrative assistant
- Financial fluency; comfort with payroll, invoice, and basic accounting functions
- Experience working in a distributed organization
- Experience working or volunteering in a collective impact, coalition, educational setting or network-building organization is highly desirable
- Experience working or living in Marin County is highly desirable
- Humility, courage, compassion, and a dedication to equity
- Comfort writing and communicating about race, equity and systemic discrimination
- Ability to write and speak in Spanish preferred
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation to attend meetings throughout Marin County
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and cover letter (1pg each) to Cameron Hunter, Marin Promise Partnership’s Director of Data and Operations, at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Marin Promise Partnership Benefits & Other Information:
We offer a unique, flexible work culture that is incredibly data-driven, results-driven and mission-focused. The Backbone Team cares deeply about closing the opportunity gap in Marin, and you’ll have a chance daily to impact the lives of thousands of students on a small, but mighty team. Here are a few important details to know:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and expertise and is highly competitive
- We offer a flexible work schedule with opportunities to work remotely on occasion. This position also requires some flexibility in hours with some night / weekend work
- We strive to be a learning organization, so we provide regular professional development opportunities as well as quarterly staff retreats
- Marin Promise Partnership’s fiscal agent is 10,000 Degrees and you would officially be their employee
- This position reports to Marin Promise Partnership’s Director of Data and Operations.
Marin Promise Partnership is an equal opportunity employer, hiring and promoting staff and providing equity training to individuals without regard to race, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age or physical ability. Women, underrepresented minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.