Quality Improvement Specialist
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Compliance and Quality Improvement, this position: provides analysis and reports on data contained in various information systems; works with staff to maintain accurate data entry; provides quality control checks for accuracy and completion of all required data entry; and provides support to different programs to meet all city, state and federal regulations and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Covenant House Georgia reserves the right to unilaterally modify, remove, or add to any of the following:
- Provide assistance to program leaders and other staff member by assisting with monthly reports, data integrity, completing audits, developing and sending surveys, documenting meeting notes, and assisting with special projects
- Assist the Director of Compliance and Quality Improvement with preparation for all audits from funders, regulatory bodies, and/or accreditation entities, including the creation of any necessary checklists, procedures and/or other tools necessary for effective preparation.
- Assist with scheduling and conducting internal “dry audits” of programs as often as necessary to ensure program compliance with all requirements. Adheres to audit schedule as established and approved by supervisor.
- Provides clear and understandable reports on internal audit findings that are easily accessible to program leaders and their staff
- Prepare for site visits from auditors and assists the Director of Compliance & Quality Improvement in managing the site visits, ensuring that the appropriate staff members, including senior leaders are involved as necessary.
- Manages follow-up on all program improvement plans resulting from external audit findings including check-ins with programs and senior staff.
- Provides ongoing coaching and technical assistance to programs on contract compliance issues.
- Prepares accurate spreadsheets and reports on incidents, identifying any important trends, concerns, or problems that need to be considered and brought to the attention of the Director of Compliance & Quality Improvement.
- Audit data within both ETO & Client Track systems to ensure consistency.
- Maximize the potential of ETO Software, ensure data quality and develop and produce dashboards, reports, internal audits and analyses.
- In collaboration with program staff and agency’s database specialists, design quantitative and qualitative evaluation metrics and data collection method.
- In conjunction with the Director of Compliance and Quality Integrity, serve as ETO (Efforts to Outcome) & Client Track Administrator for Georgia.
- Responsible for educating staff on the use of ETO and Client Track
- Ensure seamless entry and accuracy of information between Client Track and ETO system. Audit data within both systems to ensure consistency.
- Maximize the potential of Client Track and ETO Software, ensuring data quality and develop and produce dashboards, reports, internal audits and analyses.
- Provide technical assistance and training on Efforts to Outcome (ETO) & Client Track database system and input data into the required HMIS as established by city, state and federal agencies
- Assist in management and reporting in ETO & Client Track and compile reports as requested by program leaders.
- Assist with organization of both printed and electronic materials
- Develop methods and tools for internal audit reviews of assigned programs;
- Conduct periodic random case record reviews and other internal quality reviews of the assigned programs;
- Prepare reports of internal audit findings with the analysis of trends and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions;
- Work collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements, as required;
- Assist program’s performance by creating tools such as new forms, checklists, desk aids and tracking spreadsheets;
- Develop and facilitate trainings about documentation compliance for program staff;
- Assist with preparation for external audits by regulatory agencies;
- Assist with incidents tracking, analysis of trends and dashboard;
- Attend internal and external meetings and trainings related to the department’s focus;
- Conduct special projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Compliance & Quality Improvement.
- Uphold Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times
- Model appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere
- Participate in other CHGA programs and activities as required
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses
- Responds in a timely manner to emergencies and resolve issues
- Able to:
- be flexible and a team player
- work a flexible schedule as needed
- work standing, walking, and/or sitting a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift
- drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons (valid Georgia Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required)
- travel as needed for training or to fulfill job requirements
- Maintains strict confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Performs all other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
EDUCATION& EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field; 2 years of experience in quality improvement, program evaluation and/or administration or prior experience reviewing case records and analyzing and reporting quantitative and qualitative data; Proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet and Database Applications.