Case Manager I, Community Services Program - South (Representative Payee)
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION: Case Manager I, Community Services Program - South (Representative Payee)
SALARY: $21.36 per hour ($44,430 annualized) with excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Program Director II, Community Services Program – South
THE ORGANIZATION: Conard House, Inc. is a progressive nonprofit organization empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with the Community Services South Program, which provides various services including: representative payee services, income advocacy, money management, case management, and housing referrals. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Conard House is a committed equal opportunity employer. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit with SEIU Local 1021.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences or equivalent years of experience providing direct services in human services setting, demonstrated Case Management skills in housing and social service referral sources preferred. Knowledge of Social Security, City adult assistance programs and veterans entitlements are essential. Ability to assist clients in managing their personal finances is required. Case Manager must have effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives required. (People who don't meet specific qualifications are encouraged to call if genuinely interested in the position.)
- Provide resources to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case conferences with Clinic Care Managers and other service providers assisting clients.
- Help clients negotiate bills, purchases and other expenditures.
- Maintain updated case records, progress notes, money management documentation, and account balances. If applicable, maintain Medi-Cal indirect billing when covering for programs that require billing.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, housing and money management.
- Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of periodic reports and reviews by entitlement provider.
- Intervene in crisis situations to bring problem under control.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing paperwork, making copies, etc.
- Attend team meetings and staff meetings.
- Provide temporary coverage at other CHCS or SHP programs, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Conard House Community Services Program Director.
Please send resume and letter of intent with “Case Manager I, Community Services Program - South” in subject heading to Tsedale Zenebe, Program Director II, by email: email@example.com, or by fax: (415) 558.0420.
PEOPLE FROM CULTURALLY DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY